• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how is the video recording and picture taking

mach1man

Android Expert
Feb 22, 2010
woods of VA
I have a Droid X and today is my last day of the 30 day guarantee and I was thanking about switching to the Droid 2. I take a lot of photos of cars and videos of racing and things like that, so how does the camera in the Droid 2 compare to the Droid X. Can some post pics. Thanks. Oh and I don't use hdmi out or at least I haven't yet.

The video: better than the htc droid incredible if that means much. The audio quality is also pretty amazing. I suspect it may use the second noise cancelling microphone to help out a bit. The frame rate is smoother on the droid 2 than the x by a few frames per second. Droid x is 24 while droid 2 is 29.

Pictures: I don't take many pics with my phone, but i'll try to help out as much as i can. The reviews make it sound like the camera on this phone is complete junk, but it's better than most phones i've ever had. Inside without flash i tend to get grainy pictures. Outside and in decent lighting i get some pretty good results. Remember. A 5 mp phone camera can easily compare with an 8 mp phone camera in broad daylight when they both have the same shitty sensor/optics.

YouTube - Droid 2 test video with a stupid plant

This one was inside the school i work at. Low lighting baby
CEytu.jpg

Cupcake inside the car
a2gAI.jpg

Seems to do well with white balances outside in broad daylight. Alot of other camera phones i've had will auto detect that i'm outside and say "hey, everything needs to be orange!", but not in this case. Colors were true to life
87pYW.jpg

Inside in a dark setting with flash. Comes out pretty good. Doesn't wash out all the colors like other camera phones i've had
WIdY7.jpg

Upvote 0
Thanks for all of the help with the pics. I went and returned my Droid X and im happy with the Droid 2. The picture taking is just as good. Now maybe we can get a mod to change this to pics taken with my droid 2

If you don't mind me asking, why did you switch? I've been wondering if I'm missing anything by not having the more popular X.

Upvote 0
The screen was nice but with the Verizon anti glare protector it looked like shit. Everything looked pixelated. The big screen doesn't require as much zooming in but its not that big of a difference. The D2 has a nice weight to it were the X felt very light. Don't get me wrong its a great phone but I like weight to mine. Also the docking station is $20 more bc of the hdmi.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones