how is the video recording and picture takingSupport

Last Updated:

1. mach1man

mach1man Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a Droid X and today is my last day of the 30 day guarantee and I was thanking about switching to the Droid 2. I take a lot of photos of cars and videos of racing and things like that, so how does the camera in the Droid 2 compare to the Droid X. Can some post pics. Thanks. Oh and I don't use hdmi out or at least I haven't yet.

Advertisement
  2. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Well-Known Member

The video: better than the htc droid incredible if that means much. The audio quality is also pretty amazing. I suspect it may use the second noise cancelling microphone to help out a bit. The frame rate is smoother on the droid 2 than the x by a few frames per second. Droid x is 24 while droid 2 is 29.

Pictures: I don't take many pics with my phone, but i'll try to help out as much as i can. The reviews make it sound like the camera on this phone is complete junk, but it's better than most phones i've ever had. Inside without flash i tend to get grainy pictures. Outside and in decent lighting i get some pretty good results. Remember. A 5 mp phone camera can easily compare with an 8 mp phone camera in broad daylight when they both have the same shitty sensor/optics.

YouTube - Droid 2 test video with a stupid plant

This one was inside the school i work at. Low lighting baby
    [​IMG]
    Cupcake inside the car
    [​IMG]
    Seems to do well with white balances outside in broad daylight. Alot of other camera phones i've had will auto detect that i'm outside and say "hey, everything needs to be orange!", but not in this case. Colors were true to life
    [​IMG]
    Inside in a dark setting with flash. Comes out pretty good. Doesn't wash out all the colors like other camera phones i've had
    [​IMG]

3. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

4. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

I hope the D2 pics are better than D1...my D1 never took decent shots - the ones above look much better, in fact, than what I have been able to get w/my D1.

Video on the D1, on the other hand, has been very good.

5. mach1man

Thanks for all of the help with the pics. I went and returned my Droid X and im happy with the Droid 2. The picture taking is just as good. Now maybe we can get a mod to change this to pics taken with my droid 2

6. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

If you don't mind me asking, why did you switch? I've been wondering if I'm missing anything by not having the more popular X.

7. mach1man

Well I switched bc I was having random restarts and there was a lot of lag between things. There's not much of a difference. Between pics I can't really tell. I think this phone is built to last like the D1 where as the X is more flashy and may tend to break more.

8. pool_shark

You don't think you'll miss the much larger screen?

9. mach1man

The screen was nice but with the Verizon anti glare protector it looked like shit. Everything looked pixelated. The big screen doesn't require as much zooming in but its not that big of a difference. The D2 has a nice weight to it were the X felt very light. Don't get me wrong its a great phone but I like weight to mine. Also the docking station is $20 more bc of the hdmi.

10. pool_shark

I went to the store today to play with one. The screen was fine to me, not as big as I thought. I did type on the landscape virtual keyboard better than I do on the Droid 2's virtual keyboard.

Overall I didn't see anything that would make me really want the X over the 2.