How is this phone? (I may buy it...)General

Last Updated:

1. mrextra

mrextra New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I am planning to buy this phone, so how isit? Does it have alot of problems?

I heard that the battery life is very short and has problems?

Can you download all kinds of apps or can you only download apps specially made for this phone (because of the phone's screen size)?

Has the update to Android 2.1 been released yet?

My main concern for this phone is it's battery life.... so if the battery life is really bad then i may not buy the phone

Thanks for all your answers :)

Advertisement
  2. jimrin

jimrin Member

I love my phone except...

(1) I do have to tweak settings to make the battery last... For example, turn off wifi etc when they're not in use. I'm not a HEAVY user of my phone, but use it to navigation at times, keep all my work calendar and notifications, check Internet and mail, etc. Heavy phone users may be disappointed with battery life.
    (2) Limited in phone memory... which really limits number of apps you can have on your phone. I am using Titanium Backup, so I can easily offload apps to SD card and load back when needed as I don't need to use all my apps daily. Still I'm envious of my wife who has a phone with a larger phone memory and doesn't have to deal with this.

Overall I am happy with the phone for my needs but I would have gladly paid more for a better battery and more phone memory.

xperia_mini likes this.
  3. xperia_mini

xperia_mini Member

Yeah, it's a great phone. Battery's not realy a problem as you can just buy a custom longer lasting one on ebay.

4. death_syndrome

death_syndrome Banned

don't go for android . . too much pain in the ass

5. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Disagree totally with this, Android is the way forward if you want a smart phone and they are very smart. You have to get in your head that you can't compare with your old dumb phone, you will have to charge daily but you are running a small computer not just a call/texting device.

Read all the reviews you can on the product, you will hear good and bad on any phone and its always a bit of a gamble but I have the large X10 and the X8 and they are both great phones.

6. death_syndrome

death_syndrome Banned

u got me wrong . . i really love my phone . . not having any trouble with my battery . . 'm not a heavy user of WiFi and bluetooth . . i am a texter and a caller . . t can give me up to 6 hours of talking time . . continuous! and in my idle states . . t gives me at least 72 hours of power with little texting and a some calls along with occasional short WiFi . . that's amazing actually!
    my main idea was that t's taking alot of my time .. alot of my thinking . . searching applications installing downloading and bla bla bla . . i really feel t as a pain in the ass!