Last Updated:

1. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Has it hit the zone yet? ;)

..or is it nothing but trouble?

Advertisement
  2. tproctor

tproctor Well-Known Member

Mine is running just fine. I'm still tweaking it to try and get it faster without running a custom rom (root w/no rom).

3. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

horrible. ATM i have no mic so calls are impossible and texting is becoming such a pain in the ass that ive been using easysms and sending my texts online for the past 3 days due to the trackball issue.
    :'(

4. Hypo Luxa

Hypo Luxa Well-Known Member

I am still trying to find the right rom.. I know it's xtrrom, just not sure which I like more.

5. Frisco

I know the feeling.. there are so many. ;)

At first, I'd say my first three weeks, I was hitting the dev's pages and downloading and flashing more than one ROM per day. That's a bit excessive! :D

Now it's obvious to me what I was looking for; I had to ratchet back my thinking to why I rooted in the first place: to be able to get rid of stock apps I had absolutely no use for, and secondly, to have a wider brush to use in configuring my device for my style of usage and eye appeal of the home screens.

Overclocking was a distant tertiary concern, not really needed with the right ROM, I discovered. ;)

6. dragonbro

dragonbro Well-Known Member

Running great ATM :) Just downloaded the newest XTRsense rom, pretty nice so far.

7. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

As of last night, I thought it was running fine. Last night I stopped by the VZW store and played with the Droid 2. Even rooted and overclocked, and running as fast and as stable as I can, the Droid 2 showed me that the Eris is pretty limited.

Now, I'm happy that I have it running this way, rather than having stuck with stock 2.1, and I am glad that there is little ongoing maintenance that I need to worry about (i.e., manually cleaning caches, etc.). I wouldn't mind having a D2, or a DX, or an Incredible, though.

8. mia9516

mia9516 Member

My Eris runs great, except when making or receiving calls :-(. If it wasn't for the ridiculous deductible, my phone would have me it's demise a long time ago :mad:. The apps are great and the customizations are as well. I just wish that there was a way to speed up the dialing feature w/o voiding the warranty. Any ideas?

9. celton

celton Active Member

+1...this is the Eris that should have rolled out to the public. This is a great ROM.

10. wyzird

wyzird Well-Known Member

I am running PlainJane T2 and I love it! The only problem I have is the 50% w/o signal bug. No big deal, I just do the little trick and on I go. I have a lot of apps so I was at the point where , if I wanted any more I had to remove some or it had problems. Now all is good and my eris is working great. I would not be saying this if it wasnt for all the help I received on this forum. So many thanks to all of you!!! I am enjoying the crap out of this phone!!!

11. voch

voch Member

Running fine. Slow compared to my coworkers Droid 1 and Droid X, but otherwise fine.

12. eghill1125

eghill1125 Well-Known Member

I am quite happy with the way mine is running now. Has enough speed to keep going without any problems. I am running Tazz 1.0 and have now had it on for 3 days without switching roms. That might be a record since I first rooted.. :eek: I am sitting at work now with 20% left on my battery and it has not been plugged in for 29 hours now. Everything is working and I am happy..

13. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

Mine was running pretty well. I had some occasional dialer lag, but that really is mostly a maintenance issue, I believe.

Had a long flight delay yesterday and got bored at the airport so I rooted it. Running Kayos Froyo 30 now. Haven't had a lot of time to play with it yet, but it seems to be pretty good. I just need to find some widgets that I like. I miss my clock. I had ditched the weather/clock widget, but had a pretty analog clock that I liked. Wouldn't mind having the weather/clock thing back if it doesn't cause problems.

14. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

Running pretty well over here. Running WW4.6 and Dr. Cloverdale's Magic Elixir.

15. paleodust

paleodust Well-Known Member

+1

Other than the occasional random restart (which may not even be ROM-related) and the fact that Pandora is unstable with JIT enabled, I'm loving it!

16. wildabouthockey

wildabouthockey Well-Known Member

I'm rooted with no custom ROM.

I love my Eris, I really do. But...

I think the most frustrating thing is the lack of a decent sized internal memory (yes, I know I can do a2sd). One thing I've noticed is that internal memory is completely tied to the way this phone operates. As long as I keep my percentage of free space at 35% or so, it's fine. There's not a whole lot of lag and it seems to run pretty smoothly. But keeping 35% free is INSANE! That is more than ONE THIRD of the phone's internal memory! I have found myself deleting apps that I didn't really want to so that my phone actually works as a phone (yes, I know I can do a2sd) as well as installing cache cleaner and obsessing about the size of my cache. The biggest difference is in the dialer lag. If I go below 30% minimum, the lag is HORRID. If I stay above that, it's tolerable.

Personally, I think a lot of the Eris' problems could have been resolved with a little more memory in the first place.

17. bcltoys

bcltoys Well-Known Member

Factory reset one a mouth batt pull here and there not rooted and i,m fine now.

18. Frisco

The simplest and quickest fixes for many Eris small bugs. ;)

19. Skeletronix

Skeletronix Well-Known Member

Xtrsense ftw! Sure, I'd take a DX or D2, but I can't really ask for more from a phone with these specs. It's fast, it works, and does everything I need it to. It still looks good too!

20. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

I picked "Just right" though that's not ENTIRELY true but it isn't horrible either. Still get random restarts here and there but other than that it's ok. I will root at some point, though. Just no time to fool around with that right now.

21. pavirotten

pavirotten Well-Known Member

You must remember the Eris was considered an entry level phone, while the Droid and the X were/are not. Thus, they got better and faster processors.

nomarsgirl likes this.
  22. n0ct3m

n0ct3m Well-Known Member

Running just fine now that I have a good rom backing it. Not to say that there are any bad roms, but I finally found one that I can't make myself leave for something else.

23. lukesdiesel

lukesdiesel Well-Known Member

Running fine right now with Cyanogen Tazz 1.0

24. woofers02

woofers02 Member

KaosFroyo v31 with LauncherPro, my phone has never ran better, faster or smoother.

25. thrawn86

thrawn86 Well-Known Member

I just started using xtrsense and didn't like it at first but now that everything is dialed in its great. I've got recoveries of both so I can play around at will. Having everything in the cloud is SO nice. I can't imagine doing it any other way.

Either that or senseable, I'm completely happy.

If you still have dialer lag: install google voice. How an app that routes calls through an entirely different number is faster than the stock app is beyond me, but its lightning fast, nothing but the default xtr OC.