how is your Inc's music sound / headphone output quality?Support

Last Updated:

1. Labcoat

Labcoat Member This Topic's Starter

I've recently come to the conclusion that the sound quality on the Droid Incredible is sub-par. I'm talking about the headphone output when playing music MP3's or Pandora streaming ... not call/reception quality. The sound is just not as clear, bass is very muddy, and treble is compressed.

Anyone else make these observations? Maybe it's just my phone? Fwiw, I compared the Inc against a Creative Xen Micro MP3 player and a Nu Force USB DAC on my PC. Headphones I tested were with decent Westone UM2 and Grado SR80. Most of my audio sources were electronic / trance MP3's at high bit rate, which tend to have a very full range of bass & treble.

I'm assuming this is just HTC's electronic design ... choice of DAC's, opamps, etc.

Thanks in advance for your shared experiences about audio quality.

Advertisement
  2. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

sorry but i can not complain... i think the music sounds great... this is a phone not a dedicated media playing device

3. kingsfan

kingsfan Member

I will have to agree with Labcoat. While I hated EVERYTHING else about my Blackberry Storm, the sound quality while listening to my music, Slacker, Pandora, etc was much better than my Dinc. The Dinc's sound quality is a bit sub-par, as is the volume. Just my opinion.

4. freddyttt

freddyttt Well-Known Member

try mixzing player and tweak it.

sounds great to me;)

5. pdavey

pdavey Member

The sound on mine is great. I personally believe the quality issue is due to headphones. I was using a pair of in the ear Klipsch and it was pretty good. I recently upgraded to the beats tour in ear headphones and the sound is outstanding. I highly recommend them.

One other thing to check is the recording quality of your MP3's and itunes. It makes a big difference in sound quality. I either convert at 256K or 192K. Never have a sound quality issue.

6. pdavey

pdavey Member

The sound on mine is great. I personally believe the quality issue is due to headphones. I was using a pair of in the ear Klipsch and it was pretty good. I recently upgraded to the beats tour in ear headphones and the sound is outstanding. I highly recommend them.

One other thing to check is the recording quality of your MP3's and itunes. It makes a big difference in sound quality. I either convert at 256K or 192K. Never have a sound quality issue.

7. Stupifier

Stupifier Well-Known Member

I want the max volume to be louder.....seems like we got shorted and the Dinc music player does not pump music loud enough. Anyone got any suggestions....?

8. septimas

septimas Member

Agreed

soplick likes this.
  9. mrspeedmaster

mrspeedmaster Well-Known Member

I didn't think much of it until I had a Galaxy S. Side-by-side comparison, the Incredible's audio output is very appalling.

It is all in the DAC.The Galaxy S uses a Wolfson Audio processor. Hence, it sounds so good. I have no idea what HTC uses. It must be something very cheap or generic; possibly something that comes with the snapdragon chipset.

10. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

I use the 3.5mm jack for Pandora in my car all the time. Decent OEM aux input setup. No complaints about quality, but I have adjusted the equalizer on my stereo to compensate.

I think Android just needs some good EQ options.

Also, FWIW, I use earbuds to Pandora at the gym and have no complaints there.