How is your phone dressed?

Last Updated:

1. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is it naked?
    Do you have a case? If so which one?
    Do you have a screen protector? Which one?

I'm just curious what everyone is doing and how you like what you've got.

I have a Tmobile silicone case. It's nice and does the job but it is too plain for me. I really want something else. I plan to get something new soon.

As for the screen protector, I got the Invisible Shield. But it wasn't available custom cut and the guy at best buy cut it and put it on for me. He did a pretty crappy job cutting it and it looks bad. I debate daily on taking it off. I would seriously freak out if the screen got scratched so I can't decide what to do. They said they'd replace the screen protector free when the pre-cut comes out at the store... but I am uncertain if I want to risk another wet mounted protector on it.

Advertisement
  2. jree

jree Well-Known Member

I had screen protector but I hated it. Felt really bad when using the phone and after that video of the scratch test on the screen, I felt confident enough to remove it. Its scrolls so much better without it. I have the tmo silicone case aslo and that thing is never coming off. I hate the ones from ebay and I haven't found a manufacturer that looks like they make a quality one.

3. Nickk

Nickk Active Member

Screen Protector: Ghost Armor
    I really like this screen protector, it has a good texture and the clarity of the screen is barely effected. The only thing I dont like is the very faint orange peel effect I just noticed a few days ago. I will be going back to Best Buy once they get the precut ones in and will have the screen redone and maybe the back for an extra $10.

Case: Silicone Case from T Mobile
    I love it, period. There is not a single thing about this case I don't like. Once I get Ghost Armor on the whole phone I may take the case off. I was playing with the phone with no case today and it has a much better feel to it. I just don't know how much I trust myself with no case on this high end of a phone.

4. yummytyson

yummytyson Well-Known Member

How much is the silicone case from tmobile?

5. Fat Tires

Fat Tires Member

I've got a Ghost Armor screen protector on it. I'd happily use a gel skin or other case if I could find one. None of my local T-Mobile stores has one.

6. Shrasmyl

Shrasmyl Member

"Phantom Skinz" Phantom Skinz |Samsung Vibrant, cell phone skins, screen protectors, cases, covers, shileds, full body protection
    I went and had it put on today and LOVE IT. You can also order it on-line (cheaper) and install it yourself.

I am surprised that I can not even tell there is a screen protector on the phone. It adds no weight or bulk. I have not noticed any lag on the touch screen like I have when putting screen protectors on my previous phones. This is the first time I have tried Phantom Skinz, and so far I am impressed.

7. maverick777

maverick777 Well-Known Member

Clearfreak screen protector + T-mobile Silicone Case (until a better case comes out)

[​IMG]

8. RJA

RJA Active Member

I paid 17 bucks for mine at my local tmobile store

9. Robinelli

Where do you get clearfreak? Is it a wet application protector?

10. maverick777

I got mine off their eBay store for $5.99 with shipping. You can also get it from their normal website.

www.clearfreak.com

And yes, it is a wet application type screen protector.

11. 03machme

03machme Well-Known Member

just ordered a clearfreak how do you like it? for 6 bucks its worth a shot lol

12. maverick777

Having owned skins for Invisible Shield, Body Guardz, Clear Armor, and Best Skins Ever, I can tell you that I like Clearfreak the best. The texture and clarity is the best of the bunch and the protection does not appear to be any less.

And for $6 only Best Skins Ever even comes close for value.

13. dissident75

dissident75 Well-Known Member

I keep mine naked. Though though invisible shields do look interesting to me. At most I just put it in a belt holster. The holster is from my G1 but the fit is not bad at all.

14. Robinelli

15. Robinelli

//cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=270610544957&Category=42428&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2

Add the http to that address for the link

16. Cycrow

Cycrow Member

t-mobile vibrant gel skin case

had the t-mobile vibrant screen protector but didn't like it so just using case now.

17. Robinelli

I took off the Invisible Shield.

18. Yat

Yat Member

19. Nexus1

Nexus1 Well-Known Member

20. Fat Tires

Fat Tires Member

I finally got a T-Mobile gel skin for my phone, but it's the aquamrine color. I dislike the color, but at least I've got some temporary protection for the phone.

I ordered a black TPU skin from Amazon. I'm looking forward to it arriving here by the end of next week.

[​IMG]

21. happy0506

happy0506 Well-Known Member

i'd like a case that i can use when putting the phone in my pocket. so, i don't want a rubbery case that will grab and be difficult to slide in and out of my pocket. i would also like a case that adds minimum size to the vibrant. i love how lite and slim the vibrant is and would like a case that doesn't make her too fat.

what would you suggest the best skin would be for someone like me?

thanks!!

22. Nexus1

Nexus1 Well-Known Member

Look at the link on my other reply, it looks rubbery but its not, its soft plastic, slick thin and protective. Slides in and out of the pocket easy and adds minimal thickness. I think you should try one of these cases yourself!

23. Fat Tires

Fat Tires Member

happy0506 - I hear you. I tend to favor hard cases for my devices. I use an Incipio Edge for my ZuneHD, and I used a CaseMate hardcase for my iPhone 3Gs. I have every intention of replacing these soft cases with a hard case once something substantial is released by a reputable case maker. Otterbox is a good example.

24. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

For those that like hard, sturdy cases like myself, you'll like to know that Body Glove is releasing their case for the Vibrant on Aug 6. It's a hard case with a grippy/rubberized texture on the outside. My friend has one on his Droid and it's amazing.

Flex/Chrome Snap-On for Samsung Vibrant - Body Glove Mobile Accessories

Edit: And I just read that it has a built in kick stand. That is awesome.

25. Fat Tires

Fat Tires Member

Man, Body Glove's site is a pain to navigate.