How is your touch screen?Support

1. someguy43210

someguy43210 Well-Known Member

I would like to know how others feel about their Triumph touchscreen before deciding to exchange mine due to severe yellow blob from the camera.

Coming from a $99 LG Optimus M, which detects 3 fingers, this one only does two and it is nearly impossible to detect twisting actions (such as rotating Google Maps). Sensitivity is poor and feels almost like a resistive screen. It's very frustrating to type.

Can you rotate the map easily, or is it just my phone, or a symptom of Gorilla glass?

If the rumour of a new LG phone for Virgin is true I might settle for an LG optimus V for the time being. LG being a major IPS LCD manufacturer might be a good buying point and hopefully a bigger and better camera lens than the Triumph.

Advertisement
  2. JWhipple

JWhipple Well-Known Member

Remove the factory screen protector... It greatly increases sensitivity... No - I'm not talking about the one with the "pull tab" .... There's a second one over the gorilla glass!
  3. someguy43210

someguy43210 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip I think it helps with typing though it still cant rotate smoothly. I think its a limitation with the screen/digitizer. But typing is so much easier now, I had two layers of protection on before appatently.
  4. harvickchick

harvickchick Well-Known Member

I've never had to or tried to rotate google maps or anything else really. Mine seems to be ok
  5. richfei

richfei Member

I was typing just the other day on the standard droid keyboard and missed a number of keystrokes. I'm not sure if the keyboard is hyper sensitive or not ideally calibrated, but anyway I decided to install a free app called Big Buttons. The built in keyboard from that app is a little bigger and better organized and I find typing on that is much nicer
  6. JWhipple

JWhipple Well-Known Member

I've been using the Gingerbread Keyboard that can be found on the market and have had zero typing issues after I removed that 2nd screen protector.
  7. richfei

richfei Member

That's a nice keyboard as well. But my fingers are on the large side and I preferred the bigger keys from the other app. Love the fact that there is so much customization and free stuff from the marketplace
  8. BlackGravity

BlackGravity Well-Known Member

to rotate Google maps,hold one finger on te screen.. and rotate with the other... works on mine like that.
  9. JerBurdett

JerBurdett Member

In google maps, place two fingers on the screen, one above the other and slide them left and/or right to rotate. Place two fingers beside each other on the screen, and slide them up/down to angle the map. If that doesn't make sense just experiment with using two fingers (next to each other) and you'll figure it out.
  10. sweet-droid

sweet-droid Member

Great, I just wasted $3.00 for screen protector. :mad:
  11. foobarX

foobarX Active Member

I know what you mean - compared to the vibrant and mytouch4g the screen is really very "insensitive" - it is especially noticeable to me when I use swype - especially in landscape. Often it will just miss a word, once I start dragging around and it didn't catch just need to start over. I'm gonna let it get beat up first before I take the extra built-in screen protector off.