1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

How Long Does It Take For A Micro SD Card To FormatGeneral

Last Updated:

1. yyounique

yyounique Member This Topic's Starter

In my last thread, I asked about how will I format my SD card because it took soo long. I thought it worked out by myself but NO IT DIDN'T :mad: And that time it took two days.

And I have pressed format like a thousand times but my LG Optimus M (from Metro PCS) still says:

[SD card damaged! You may need to reformat]

Anyway, my real questions are ...

1- How long does it take to format in average
    2- What should I do after I click format?
    3- And my SD card always says "SD card damaged" after whenever I take it out then put it back in, Why is that?
    4- And I had 2 cards, when the situation in #3 happens i would try my new card but my phone showed that the BRAND NEW ONE IS also frigging damaged!... Like WTF!
    5- How can I prevent that ?

PLEASE DON'T THINK THAT I AM BEING A NUISANCE, I AM JUST HAPPY THAT I FOUND A PLACE THAT CAN HELP ME WITH NO COST, or else I am really screwed! THANKS A MILLION IN ADVENCE.

Sign
    A 12 years old screw kid, who's sick of her stupid phone. :(

Advertisement
  2. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

Do you have access to a computer you can format the sd card in?
    you should never have more then 5 mins to format but if the card is damaged formating in a computer sometimes fixes it.

3. yyounique

yyounique Member This Topic's Starter

Yes ... but its the same .... but different, the computer kept saying, 'cannot format'

4. tds187

tds187 Banned

this sounds stupid but, in the sd card adapter make sure the switch where it says "Lock" is off, might not be letting comp read/write to the card.

does mount/unmount work at all? did u do anything to damage the sd card slot on ur fone?

check all the minor/silly things and hopefully one might work!