How long does it take for your Youtube videos to load?

Last Updated:

1. DaygosDankest

DaygosDankest Well-Known Member

Because it seems that mine take quite a while, sometimes up to 2 minutes. Is that normal?

Advertisement
  2. Aldo Junior Ao2

Aldo Junior Ao2 Well-Known Member

Mine takes me about 5 to 7 seconds sometimes less depending where i am at. How is your connection by you. 1x or 3g?

Edit: Tried it with four videos and it takes me 2 to 3 seconds . No wifi only network
  3. finnaginagain

finnaginagain Well-Known Member

same here pretty quick
  4. DaygosDankest

DaygosDankest Well-Known Member

I have full 3g, and am referring to the hq videos. Should have specified that.
  5. slick

slick Well-Known Member

When I was rooted, it played HQ automatically and it usually took anywhere from 5 seconds to a full minute to load.

Now that I'm not rooted, I always switch to HQ before the video starts and this adds to the time but overall it's taking anywhere from 20 seconds to a little over a minute in some cases.

I think it takes longer to play in HQ because when I play in regular mode they pop up almost instantly.
  6. skunkpbguy

skunkpbguy Well-Known Member

HQ seems to always take much longer for me, but they are worth showing to everyone.. fullHD versus iPhone's 480p. :D Sometimes they take up to 20 seconds to start, if it takes longer, I just back up and restart the video.
  7. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

I've had wildly different load times that don't seem to relate to 3G strength, etc. Same phone, same location, videos played one after the other, similar length...sometimes they load very quickly (<5s) other times they can take 20s.

Haven't really found an explanation, aside from assuming general network/Youtube variances cause the differences.
  8. thrifty

thrifty Well-Known Member

Mine drags butt when trying to use high quality. this is one of the worst things about the Droid, the default to "normal" :mad: