• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root how long does it take to reboot after rooting?

mtnrn

Lurker
Jan 24, 2013
I will apologies in advance as I have only just come from an iphone. And I did search online with only one thread found regarding my question, alas for a different device.

I got the HOX+, unlocked the device without much difficulty. Then I went to root it with rootboot v5. I seem to be stuck in the HTC screen on the device. It is still plugged in and it appears I am waiting for the lockscreen to come up.

The command screen says this:
< waiting for device >
sending 'boot' (5388 KB)... OKAY [ 0.873s]
writing 'boot'... INFOFormat partition LNX done
OKAY [ 0.312s]
finished. total time: 1.185s
erasing 'cache'... OKAY [ 0.140s]
finished. total time: 0.141s
rebooting...
finished. total time: 0.213s
Press Enter when you can see the lockscreen
Press any key to continue . . .
...so I still have the device plugged into the computer, with the HOX+ "HTC quietly brilliant" screen present for about 15 minutes now.

Any help is appreciated. I'm pretty sure I dont want to pull the USB cord and brick the device.

I guess Ill take the dog for a walk now and see what it says when I get back.

...so walked the dog; overall it has been about 40-50 minutes since I "rooted" my HOX+", I am starting to get nervous

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones