How long does it take you to charge your Captivate?

Last Updated:

1. acp

acp Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been trying to charge this thing for about 4-5 hours now and it still won't get a full charge. I'm using a wall charge because I know that is more powerful than charging through my computer, but even with the phone off it is not getting a full charge. In comparison my Evo, Hero, Palm Pre and iPhone charge full within 2-3 hours, closer to 2 with the phone off. I'm just wondering if this is an isolated issue or more widespread.

Advertisement
  2. rrrrramos

rrrrramos Well-Known Member

For the first week or so, it took forever for me to get a charge, let alone hold said charge. It's been about ten days now, and it charges in about two hours, maybe three if it's really low. I also went from aprox 10 hours of battery life to getting a fulls days use out of it and hovering around 50% at days end.

3. pinbak

pinbak Well-Known Member

Yes, my average phone charge from 10-15% is around 4 hours too, seems to me it takes forever for this thing to charge and not so long to discharge LOL!! I've had a droid, droid eris, backflip and still currently have the aria and none of them seemed to take as long as this thing does. But all did have the horrible battery drain, except get this the tiny little aria that sucker is a workhorse. I can go it seems forever without bad battery drain, except if I make lots of calls with it!!

4. Vtec

Vtec Well-Known Member

Yea this thing takes forever to charge. I'm wondering if there's a rapid charger for this thing cuz I used to use my video out cables to charge my iphone that thing and it was wicked fast, I'm talking like an hour for a full charge from a completely dead phone.

5. Android_J

Android_J Well-Known Member

Agree with everyone else. This phone takes forever to charge. My old 3GS was much faster.

6. NOSintake

NOSintake Well-Known Member

Mine took a little over 3 hours after being fully dead

7. Sledutah

Sledutah Well-Known Member

It takes about 4-5 hours to charge using the wall charger. I was thinking about this earlier today because my 3gs used to charge in about 1 hour. The wall charger for the Samsung is 5V @ .7A, the 3gs charger is 5V @ 1A. Next time I charge it I'm going to use the iPhone charger to see how much that cuts down on the time.

8. acp

acp Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

^Great observation...just checked my HTC charger and it has the same output as the iPhone charger, which could be why the Evo charged so fast too.