• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how long does your battery last before regharging

captain51

Lurker
Jan 12, 2016
I am new to smart phones, I have Samsung s5 lollipop 5.1.1. So long does your battery last before you have to recharge it when playing games verses just general use. How many hours should I get when doing these activities. I don't know if lollipop 5.1.1 made it worse or better from 5.0 I just started playing games when I got 5.1.1. Is this common for all phones that they need recharging so often. My wife charges her phone every day with same phone as she leaves on all day.

Now I don't understand why on my ipad mini I can play same games for a long time and there is no battery drain.

Battery life depends on several things.
Suze of the battery, usage, how old the battery is, temperature and so on..........

Some games are more resource intensive that other games, which is the way it is with all apps.
On my G3 I only have Forge of Empires and Boom Beach installed.
My usage verys a lot. Most of the time I get a couple of days out of a charge, but if I'm laying around watching TV on a Sunday I can blow through a full charge in a few hours.
Most games will drain your battery faster than other apps, but everyone has different usage so it's hard to compare your usage with someone else's.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones