How long does your Desire take to start up?

Last Updated:

1. madhatter1689

madhatter1689 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I saw this video YouTube - HTC Desire HD vs iPhone 4 Startvorgang and wondered how on earth this phone started so quickly [about 5 seconds] and wondered how quickly other peoples phones start up.

If you have a lock on the phone how long until you get to the lock?

If you don't have a lock how long until it loads up so you can slide from screen to screen?

Advertisement
  2. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

Not sure if you realised but that's the Desire HD in the video, not the Desire.

I'm pretty sure the Desire HD starts up so quickly because it only goes into hibernation mode when you turn it off, not actually shutting down properly. I think if you removed the battery and then replaced it it would take longer to start up.

I could be wrong though..

3. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Well-Known Member

That's not a Desire. Surely if you have the phone you noticed that it looks totally different? :confused: And it does say Desire HD in the title of the video too.

Mystery solved. :p

4. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

I agree, didn't look like it was completely switched off, it'll never be able to load that quickly.

5. madhatter1689

madhatter1689 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ooops!! Mystery solved indeed!! I must be even more daft because they look identical. What differences am I supposed to see apart from size?

6. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

I'm going to guess the Desire HD will be "on" in the background as in hibernation like Blackberries, even when you power it off it's still on internally so it boots up quick. I bet when you pull the battery and put it back in, it'll have a normal bootup time.

7. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

The Home, Menu, Back and Search button aren't hard key buttons but touchscreen buttons.

8. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

+ there's a huge speaker going across of the DHD, whereas the Desire has a tiny speaker above the HTC logo.

9. kkh786

kkh786 Active Member

If you think that I doubt you have seen a Desire before. The Desire and the Desire HD look worlds apart. :confused:

10. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

thats exactly what it is and is shown the the roms for the desire that take the sense from the desirehd
    not a bad thing though, something that blackberries do extremely well

11. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

One thing that blackberries didnt do well though, is returning to on from the "off" state. Or rather shall I say they do it too well?!

My 9000, you could almost blow on the power button and it would turn back on. When I worked in a Mobile phone restricted area, I had to remove the battery as the slightest knock in my bag and it was on again

12. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

LOL Blackberries need it, doing battery pulls are no fun at all (need half the time with shitty memory management) since Storms, Curves and Pearls take 8 minutes to boot.

13. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

Doesn't the Desire HD run the new Sense? That's possibly why it starts so quick...new sense's boot time is faaaaaaast.

14. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Sense doesn't really boot. It's just a user interface o.top.of android. Mo matter how good the new sense is, it can't affect the boot time like that as its android loading that takes the time.

I don't have sense at all but my desire boots the same as it did with sense