how long for custom roms?

1. donjuro

donjuro Well-Known Member Developer

So how long do you guys think it will be before we have custom roms? What do we still need?

Advertisement
  2. donjuro

donjuro Well-Known Member Developer

Does ANYONE know if anyone has started any sort of development for this phone? I can name quite a few things about this phone that can be improved. I don't have a reliable computer to work from at the moment and also don't have the skills required to improve everything I would.
  3. altaran

altaran Well-Known Member

i can't even seem to get a copy of a stock rom yet...lol.....but be patient...people are already developing over at the zte avid page.....and this phone is pretty close to that one.......so it won't be long...
  4. tegezee

tegezee Member

5. sonicbluemustang

sonicbluemustang Well-Known Member

I really dont expect much development on this phone cause the Dev community is so busy with all the HIGH end phones. Hence the word suckers. Everybody wants the bigger and better phones but they just dont see the $$$ flying out. Its called the wow factor and thats what sells the high end phones.
    The insurance has even become a joke. A high end phone deductable is now 150 -200. I can buy a new Force for 300.
  6. bcrichster

bcrichster Well-Known Member

I thought the force was only $200.? And it has potential
  7. tegezee

tegezee Member

I just want to use it as a donor phone but I can't unlock the nvm folder...
  8. sonicbluemustang

Yeah that's the joke on us Sprint customers. They offer it 350 but online it can be found for 300. Boost brand new 200. pffff :rolleyes:
  9. tegezee

tegezee Member

Actually they are only $169.99 with free shipping...
  10. Golono

Golono Well-Known Member

I have to agree with what was mentioned above. This phone will probably never see any serious support from the community. It's unfortunate because I was on the Prevail and that had a strong community from Day 1. I think that most folk want to avoid ZTE after their past failures. It really is a damn shame. The ZTE Force currently has, in my opinion, the best bang for your buck on Boost.
    I just hope that we get Jellybean soon; before Boost Mobile forgets about the Force.
  11. mordynyc

mordynyc Member

hmm Retail me not has a 30% off code and I used it to get this for under $150 after tax. It's the only lte phone that's affordable. WiMax is being phased out and who is going ot pay $400 for the S3 when you're capped at 2.5gb a month?

I think this phone is the next prevail for boost IMO.
  12. Golono

Golono Well-Known Member

There have been a few great coupons for the Force. Retail me not is a nice site to check.

Well, the S3 runs on LTE I believe. Regardless, $400 is a very high price to pay.

In terms of what you get for the price, the force is comparable to the Prevail when it was first made available to boost. However when it comes to the community, the prevail was much stronger. That was probably because the Prevail was the second android based phone introduced to Boost. It's unfortunate that the Force has been mostly ignored.
  13. sonicbluemustang

There be a lot of noobs i think on the Force. Looking at the thread view count is pretty high on the "all things root guide" and the "Osiris root" thread just no devs. :(
  14. mordynyc

mordynyc Member

What's a phone noob exactly?
    My phone can beat up your phone.
  15. bcrichster

Lmao. "Noob" - nickname for Newbie - new guy on deck. :beer::D
  16. bcrichster

OK. I'm gonna try this. :beer::D Just need some basic info. 1: this backup, is it android 4.0, 4.1, or 4.2? 2: Is it odexed or deodexed? (I'm guessing odexed..) Anything else... I dunno. :confused: I have a cpl projects I'm trying to figure out but I've been thinking of getting this phone so... Why not try a recipe/cook/build or two? I'll be starting a thread of my own soon and I'll need a few things to put in it. Any suggestions? Let me know...:cool:
    tgamble160 likes this.
  17. bcrichster

Lmao. "Noob" - nickname for Newbie - new guy on deck. :beer::D
    And yes, I'm a NooB as well. :beer::cool:
    Team LEGION-MODZ
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  18. 903Tex

903Tex Well-Known Member

Hey i want to build a stock deoxed build with android kitchen(easy way) But i wanted to know the partitions layout for this phone? Im assuming since im using the touch cwm for the avid, that they are pretty much the same phone? So safe to assume they share the same layout partitions wise?

Deoxded rom would be great for people looking to theme and that out there would make it easier for people to take it and build their own custom rom or something they could share with the community here.
  19. jimsmith80

jimsmith80 Well-Known Member

Don't loose hope guys. Look at the warp. That phone was garbage before a few noobs learned there way around android. Heck Dm is still trying to put together cm10. Anyway long story short, it took a while for things to start moving with the warp, and the same will be true here also. I just bought a force for my wife, and I give it 2 or 3 weeks tops before I'm.poking around at it.