How long has 2.2 been out - can't get it.Support

Last Updated: 2012-05-16 21:16:02
  1. MrDangerous

MrDangerous Well-Known Member

I was at my aunt's place yesterday and she has a Vibrant. I checked her settings and it says 2.1 Update 1. And I was like "wha?" so I ran the "check for updates" thing and it said there were no updates.

She has a really big problem with missing texts. Sometimes they'll all queue up and she will get them a week or more later with no explanation.

I heard the 2.2 update fixes that but I can't seem to get it to her phone.

I've got a Fascinate and it's already up to 2.3.5

Advertisement
  2. kacol16

kacol16 Well-Known Member

is her phone registered on samsung.com?
  3. plasticwood

plasticwood Member

You have to connect her Vibrant to the computer using Kies Mini (you can download it on the samsung website). Once connected to Kies Mini you can update to 2.2. You can not update to 2.2 over the air.
  4. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

Im running ICS on mine :D
  5. DrPennington

DrPennington Well-Known Member

^^ Cool story bro!
  6. sixstringsam

sixstringsam Active Member

I am still on 2.1 from laziness. I think i'll finally download Kies and update. How far can I update, is 2.3 out for the Vibrant? Can I go from 2.1 directly to 2.3?
  7. luvduchovny

luvduchovny Well-Known Member

With Kies you can only upgrade to 2.2 Froyo (and a maintenance update that still keeps it at 2.2) and that's it. If you are willing to root your phone then you can upgrade to Gingerbread (2.3) or even Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.3). Honeycomb 3.0 was never meant for phones only tablets.
  8. tinahhh

tinahhh New Member

Where can i download kies? the one I saw it said that I needed to be on 2.2 and wouldn't connect to my phone...