• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How long have you had your current computer?

How long have you had your current computer?
Which one?! :laugh:

My oldest is 10+, it's an HP desktop running Kubuntu 5.04, still humming away 24/7.

My newest is a System76 Kudu Professional laptop, running Kubuntu 14.04LTS 64-bit. It's about...a month...maybe two months old now.

And I have several other laptops and desktops in between, all running some version of Kubuntu Linux. My motto: You can never have too many computers! :D

Upvote 0
Let's see, I got the desktop PC in 1990 from Tiny Computers in Redhill, Surrey, it's had a few upgrades since then, I think 7 cases and power supplies, 8 mainboards, and CPU and RAM upgrades, 8 hard drives, 5.25 floppy, 3.5 in floppy, various CD and DVD burners, 7 graphic cards, 6 monitors, 7 keyboards and 9 mice, and it's still going strong 24 years on. :thumbup:

Upvote 0
Let's see, I got the desktop PC in 1990 from Tiny Computers in Redhill, Surrey, it's had a few upgrades since then, I think 7 cases and power supplies, 8 mainboards, and CPU and RAM upgrades, 8 hard drives, 5.25 floppy, 3.5 in floppy, various CD and DVD burners, 7 graphic cards, 6 monitors, 7 keyboards and 9 mice, and it's still going strong 24 years on. :thumbup:

Technically that's not the same PC. ;)

Upvote 0
So you've basically rebuilt it a few dozen times? Okay! :D

Upvote 0
I have 12 computers. I really need to sell some and trash some.

Oldest one is a compaq. Desktop from like 2000. I didn't own it the whole time. It stills need some fixing.

Newest is the HP Chromebook 11. Got it the day it was announced.

My main computer that I use the most is actually my galaxy note tablet. However with its battery life only lasting about 4 to 5 hours I think it's time to get a new tablet. I use it about 10 hours a day so wow.

Upvote 0
So you've basically rebuilt it a few dozen times? Okay! :D

Did I tell you I've got this broom, been in our family 50 years, it's had 32 heads and 26 handles, but it's still a good broom and I use it every day. :D
ib8924.jpg

Upvote 0
I have too many machines and not enough time in the day to figure out how old each one is. My current laptop is just over a year old. I know this because of the warranty issues I have recently been griping about.

My last one was about four years old when I retired it, and Dngrswife's is the same model, so it's getting to be time I replaced hers.

Which means I will have to conjure up about $600...

Reactions: mrsmumbles
Upvote 0
...I have a first gen Mini Mac since 2005.

Holy crap, that just reminded me of something i have stashed away in a dusty corner of the basement. I still have a Motorola Starmax Mac Clone from 1996 that probably still boots. I think it was last updated to System 8.6 before it was officially retired in 2000.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones