how long is my battery life supposed to be?General

Last Updated:

1. incrediblenotinstock

incrediblenotinstock Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

my battery usually lasts from about 7 in the morning to 4 or 5 at night with moderate texting and low usage of the internet since im in school :O JW if it should be longer or if this is normal

Advertisement
  2. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Well-Known Member

Well my battery lasts 12-24 hours.

3. apavolka

apavolka Well-Known Member

i get about 7a-11p with a lot of texting and average internet usage

4. incrediblenotinstock

crap haha any suggestions i already use advanced task killer. i use adw launcher

5. cmajpwc

cmajpwc Well-Known Member

This could be decreasing your battery. Using a task killer tends to drain your battery, at least that's what I've heard and that's what happened to me. Try going without it (uninstall it) for a few days, and see if your battery life improves. Once I dropped it, my batter went from 9am to 5pm to 9am to 1 or 2am. BIG difference.

incrediblenotinstock likes this.
  6. incrediblenotinstock

really? i thought it would help me increase my battery life

7. cmajpwc

No, for most people I think it decreases battery life. That includes me. Maybe I'm wrong? Correct me if I am, but I always found it decreased my battery life.

8. incrediblenotinstock

kay thank you :) ill try that

9. Toolanddiemaker

Toolanddiemaker Well-Known Member

+1 Dumped my task killer, got rid of HTC battery widget, Installed ADW Launcher. Now I'm good for 16hrs, easy.

10. eddieg

eddieg Well-Known Member

I get 2 days no problem!

11. graphitedv

graphitedv Well-Known Member

If you have a crappy signal, it will kill your battery fast. At home I can get close to 30 hours, at work I get 9-12 tops. I work in school buildings and they are really bad for cell signals. Even my previous "dumbphone" would die quickly w/o a strong signal.

12. Cajun83

Cajun83 Well-Known Member

I get 24 hours with a good 20-25% awake time. Also agree with graphitedv. At work, 12-15 hours would be the norm for me as I have one or two bars in the concrete building with massive steel structures all around it. At home, 24 hours is easy.

13. ithejdi

ithejdi Well-Known Member

Mine turns red at about 10pm. I unplug the phone at 7am, 5-6 texts, 50+ emails, and end up talking on it for about 2 1/2 hours a day. I also browse FML, TFLN, and Bash during the day for a laugh.

14. incrediblenotinstock

geez how are you guys doing it? is there something wrong with my eris>?

15. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Well-Known Member

16. Cajun83

Dunno... Using ADW launcher, I make sure I do the airplane mode trick when I have to re-boot because I have the 50% time without signal bug.... and that is about it. Weather updates every hour, Gmail is on auto sync (don't auto sync contacts or calendar) and Facebook sync's once daily. I leave my 3G on unless I am sleeping... GPS is on, hardly ever use wifi, I don't use bluetooth and I don't use a task killer...

17. cmajpwc

The 50% bug doesn't affect battery life. I forget which thread the was in but OTD said even without the airplane mode fix, the battery life was no better or worse even with a 50% time without signal. I have yet to do it, my up time is close to 470 hours, my cell standby is 71% under battery use with a 50% time without signal, and I still get close to 16 hours a day, and it could last more cause I don't ever let my battery drain completely. When I plug it in it is anywhere from 30% to 40% usually.

18. Cajun83

It may not affect battery life on some phones... I went from getting around 7 hours per charge (was having to charge halfway through the day, every day)... to over 24 after I noticed and fixed the 50% bug...

19. cmajpwc

I'm not saying it didn't work on your phone, but you could have been more conscious of your battery use on the phone and that's leading to a better battery life. But, when did you get your Eris? Is it an older handset? Mine is newer, (like early April) so maybe the newer ones don't suffer from a battery drain because of this bug.

20. katydid99

katydid99 Active Member

I am confused about the 100% awake time issue as my awake time is in hours not percent. I have up time at 23:33 hours and awake time at 6:46 hours. Please explain these and the difference between them. I do keep my mobile network on as I use Facebook a lot during the day since it is blocked at work. Even on 1.5 I only would get 5-6 hours of battery life. Cell standby is using 55% of my battery, Android system is using 17% and Phone idle is using 16%. Please help and let me know what I need to do to get the results of others with 12 or more hours of battery life. I end up charging my phone from 2-4 times per day with medium use. Any advice would be appreciated and I am not sure if I have the 100% awake bug or not. Thanks I am a Droid newbee and a smart phone newbee so please be patient. Thanks.

21. cmajpwc

100% "awake" would be having 23:33 hours up and 23:33 hours awake. It means your phone would be constantly doing something.

I did the math, the percentage your phone is actually doing something and not asleep is about 29%, I think. Correct me if I did my calculations incorrectly.

katydid99 likes this.
  22. Praetorian

Praetorian Well-Known Member

I get 2 fulls days of battery life out of my eris now. The weather updates were the biggest battery hog. I also have the 1750mah extended battery (same size as stock battery). No task killer. Facebook updates every 3 hours. Exchange Activesync is on and I get a lot of work emails.

23. incrediblenotinstock

so.. i was editing and looking around on my phone and found that the up time and awake time are like 5 minutes apart.. is that bad?

EarlyMon likes this.
  24. graphitedv

graphitedv Well-Known Member

Yes it is. Use SpareParts to find out what process is running all the time.

25. fenderplayer713

fenderplayer713 Member

I replaced the stock battery with a 1750 battery and I run from 6:00 a.m. until midnight, with moderate-to-heavy email, facebook, Handcent SMS, and Internet access, leaving me approximately 20% by midnight. Also, up until a couple of days ago, I was using Advanced Task Killer, thinking that killing the apps would increase battery life. I have since switched to System Panel by Next App and I have stopped using ATK since the monitoring feature of System Panel shows very little impact of the open apps against CPU, memory, and battery life.