How Long to Charge an HTC Tattoo before 1st Use?

Last Updated:

1. InkAnna

InkAnna New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I am expecting delivery of an Tattoo Ink today:cool:. It's been a bit delayed and there's no credit left on my old phone, so I have a backlog of calls I need to make.

How long does it take before plugging a new phone into the charger for the 1st and it being safe to turn it on to use it for the 1st time? (without doing the battery any damage:eek:)

I have searched through the online manuals but they are disappointingly vague about this.

AnnaInk

Advertisement
  2. Terry1100

Terry1100 Well-Known Member

I am not a battery expert - but if you're using it with the mains lead plugged in, I would have thought that 15 mins would be enough just to ensure that the battery has taken a surface charge.

It takes a fair while to charge up fully for the first time (and longer over USB).

Welcome aboard by the way.

3. jporch316

jporch316 Well-Known Member

I charged mine until the light turned green!

4. InkAnna

InkAnna New Member This Topic's Starter

But how long did that take?

5. jporch316

first time was about three hours I think - i didnt turn the phoe on until fully charged

6. EddersC

EddersC Active Member

If you're happy to stand by the charger to make the calls, I can't see that it'll do the battery any harm to make calls as soon as you plug it in (unless the manual specifically forbids this!) -- I don't see why you shouldn't be able to turn it on immediately...

7. jporch316

Im just superstitious about these things!!!

8. ZootHornRollo

ZootHornRollo Member

modern lithium batteries don't have the same memory issues that batteries of the past suffered from. It takes a fair bit of punishment to damage lithium batteries.

as has already been suggested, plug it in, leave it 15 minutes then use the phone whilst still plugged in.

or if you are still concerned might be a better idea to chuck a fiver in your old phone and make the calls from there.

9. daiking

daiking Member

Plugged mine in tonight for a couple of hours until the light went green, now using it as normal - as I've done with previous phones