How long until the Incredible is rooted??General

How long until The Incredible is rooted??

1. Before it is officially released!

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. Within the first two weeks.

24 vote(s)
    70.6%
  3. Around the same as the Eris.

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  4. Never.

1 vote(s)
    2.9%

Last Updated:

1. irishpride

irishpride Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How long do you think it will take for our amazing developers to root The Incredible?

Advertisement
  2. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member

Okay, I put within first two weeks, but I didn't want to vote as long as the Eris. I definitely won't take as long as the Eris because it was just a hard phone to root and this one will have WAYYYY more super good developers working on it. (not saying they didn't have good ones, the Incredible is just a more appealing phone...). So I would say about 2 -4 weeks. That seems about right in my book. So within the first month of release, like the Droid was!

3. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

I think we should at least wait for the device to be released to think about rooting it.

4. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

The Desire is rooted already. Problem is that it has a write access restriction to /system. So root and useable root are two different things with the snap dragon phones; unless you count the N1 which comes unlocked.

5. xmonkey

xmonkey Well-Known Member

I'm assuming this means we can't install custom/optimized ROMs? If so, is there a chance a workaround can be found?

6. irishpride

irishpride Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I really hope so, cause one of the things I enjoy most is trying out all the ROMs that are out there. However, knowing that The Inc is already going to be ridiculous as a stock phone, I'm still going to get it even if the devs never get total root access.

7. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

lol we're not even to a preorder date and you guys want to know when it's rated already?? Let me guess, after a month everyone is gonna start complaining that a new OS hasn't been released??