• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How long will you own your Droid Incredible?

I generally get a new phone every year. I just grow bored with what I have after too long. But so far, this year I have had a BB Tour, Moto Droid and the Incredible. Now, I love the incredible so I just need to resist the urge to go look at any new phones for a while. The Moto X is far to large for what I want in a phone. In fact, right now, I can say dinc is the most perfect phone (for me) that I have had to date.

Upvote 0
I upgrade by full retail price, refuse to give Verizon a new contract under the new ETF policy. I'll be most likely "upgrading" when the new Moto's come out.

Where is the logic in that? You would rather pay MORE money retail than what you would pay for an ETF policy? ETF starts at $350 and degenerates over time. HTC Incredible costs 200 with contract and worst ETF you would pay is 325 for a grand total of 525. Incredible is 600 retail. Did I get lost in the math?

Upvote 0
Wow, so many early upgraders . I'll definitely keep my phone for two years (unless it breaks and I get an insurance replacement). That's about how long it will take for tech to make a significant improvement, significant to me, anyway.

In two years displays, battery, everything will be way way better.

Yeah, but you are going to miss everything in between :eek:

Upvote 0
With the arrival of newer phones and Verizon's "New Every Two" deal, how long do you plan on keeping your Droid Incredible? Anyone plan on keeping it more than 2 years?

I will have mine for another 9-19 months. =P

Depending on when LTE becomes a reality where I am and when Verizon has a solid LTE-supporting phone will really make a difference.

Upvote 0
I have a two year contract but I'm eligible for an upgrade after a year and a half. I think I'll keep the phone until then, or I might even wait longer into 2012 if LTE networks/phones aren't up and running yet.

If something super awesome comes out between now and then, I might just sell my Incredible and get that. I doubt it though, this phone is pretty awesome.

Upvote 0
Where is the logic in that? You would rather pay MORE money retail than what you would pay for an ETF policy? ETF starts at $350 and degenerates over time. HTC Incredible costs 200 with contract and worst ETF you would pay is 325 for a grand total of 525. Incredible is 600 retail. Did I get lost in the math?

It's actually $529 (unless you're counting the tax in that, and I recover at least 50% of the previous phones value when I resell, often more). It's not about the money, don't care about that. It's about the policy. I don't agree and won't sign to it. AT&T is absolutely the worst carrier I've ever used (in several different states - I move a lot), and T-mobile coverage is very sparse. Sprint -- well it's Sprint. The left hand doesn't know what the right is doing so reps will tell you X in writing and be full of xxxx. Yes every carrier has problems, but ... so I just purchase full retail. Example: Just checked this morning and the DI is going for $450 or higher on eBay. So resell value is often very good for smartphones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones