1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

How Many Activated Ally's Are Left?General

Do you still have an activated Ally?

1. Yes

64 vote(s)
    74.4%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    25.6%
  1. cr5315

cr5315 Well-Known Member Developer

I've been wondering this for a while and I finally decided to make a thread about it. Do you still have an activated Ally?

Advertisement
    :
  2. j2cool2012

j2cool2012 Well-Known Member Developer

Heh, just deactivated mine last Monday in favor of my new Fascinate. It was a good run while it lasted. Interested to see who's still rockin the ol' Ally too.
  3. inception

inception Active Member

Yep, I still have mine up and running. I get to upgrade in August :p
  4. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

Actually I'm due for a new phone already and in feb. all 4 phones I have in my plan with Verizon will be out of contract. My Ally still does what I need it to do and the way Verizon has been going lately I'm not sure I want to stick with them.
  5. Crash89

Crash89 Well-Known Member

Have 3 still activated. We can upgrade anytime, but they work great for what we use them for.

2 on velocity, and 1 stock my daughters, but she has a transformer tablet so only uses her phone for calls anymore.
  6. Biotic

Biotic Well-Known Member Developer

I didnt want to upgrade but my son smashed in the dialer so people were being called...
    Now with the razr but still developing on the ally for a little longer. I had to tear apart the ally to fix the button but only would do the task if i had another phone just incase...
    the ally was and is a great phone from its time of release and with the support we leave behind. It will live on for people who need the roms that the phone desperately needs.
  7. SyrStorm

SyrStorm Well-Known Member

While my Ally is still activated, it's going to be a little disappointing that development will cease, as it used to be exciting seeing the development. It's only a matter of weeks before development is over, as when you guys go none of the rest of us know how to develop sadly (at least I think so). 2.3 coming? Well we will see if that happens, but this phone has made a good run. It also taught me the basics of rooting, as I was clueless before as to how to root or what is was. I got lucky rooting my phone, really lucky, but now I know and it helped a lot but since I don't get my upgrade til September, it will be a long way to taste development again.
  8. Biotic

Biotic Well-Known Member Developer

Rooting is different with each device and is blocked on the higher end devices and newer procedures are needed to be taken. More difficult ones than what an ally user is used to. I want you guys to be aware of that.
  9. neightwulf

neightwulf Well-Known Member

Mine will be active until my contract expires in June. I'm eligible for early upgrade now, but I'd like to add two lines and I will be moving to Sprint unless Verzion makes some serious changes to their data pricing for multiple lines by then.

Besides, I really don't have any complaints. No-hassle wireless tethering (both infrastructure and ad-hoc) is huge.
  10. cr5315

11. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Well-Known Member

Still using my Ally. Eligible for an upgrade at the end of this month, I think I will be taking advantage of that. Battery in the Ally is starting to die faster than ever and when I plug it in to charge the connection is getting loose and doesn't charge properly etc.
  12. amazinz5

amazinz5 Well-Known Member

You better be sure you're done with Verizon before switching. Once you realize Sprint isn't the answer you'll either be stuck with a contract you hate or an etf in addition to losing unlimited data with verizon. What specifically are you looking for an improvement in?
  13. dautley

While Velocity 1.2.1 has been out for a while, since I've been hosting a mirror for savoxis it's had 935 unique downloads. Of course there is no telling how many of these are the same individuals downloading from different computers or how many may still be actually in use, but interesting none the less.
  14. NekoTaks

NekoTaks Active Member

My mom, sister, and I still use the Ally. I'm the only one of the three of us who has Velocity.

I might be upgrading to a Bionic or Galaxy Nexus (mmm. . .ICS) once my contract expires in July. Either that, or I'll just change to a new battery and flash rgocal's Bionix ROM in place of Velocity. Kinda interested in savoxis' 1.2.2 version of Velocity, though. . .
  15. jaison80

jaison80 Well-Known Member

I'm using an Ally. I figure as long as there are roms to change the look/feel of the phone there's no need to get a new phone for just texting and calling people and the occasional weather lookup. I dont even need a smartphone to be honest.
  16. imnotmikal

imnotmikal Well-Known Member Developer

My Ally is deactivated but still in service for super secret development purposes.

Super secret.

Super.

aka it's for sale
  17. jaison80

jaison80 Well-Known Member

I believe Savoxis is looking for an Ally to further the development of Velocity 1.2.2
  18. swc2001

swc2001 Well-Known Member

Dautley if you leave ima slap you.... go get a preowned Bionic Now.... its only 29.99. Best decision you could make.

Also my wife still has the Ally until March. At which point I will get her a Bionic. My brother and sister-in-law still have the Ally on velocity 1 as well as my mother-in-law and father-in-law. So there are 5 that are still active. If someone needs testing done I will go back tk my Ally and test for you. I Have two Ally's
  19. swc2001

I wish that some of these awesome devs would come on board to the Bionic. It has three awsome roms but the deving community that was doing it has gone to the Razr.
  20. dautley

Looking at Bionic. My Full contract will be up in Feb. so I can go through best buy, Amazon, or WalMart .
    Apparently if your currant contract is grandfathered in from the New Every Two program, your eligibility date to upgrade from Verizon at a much higher price is earlier that the eligibility date from third party vendors, so waiting a few more months will save me around $200.00 depending on what I want to get.:)
  21. tiberiandusk

tiberiandusk Member

I'm not due for an upgrade till October.
  22. cr5315

23. swc2001

You still can't beat a Bionic for 29.99. Lol
  24. hollywoods14

hollywoods14 Well-Known Member

just deavtivated my Ally on the 28th for the Spectrum.
  25. odbo255

odbo255 Active Member

Still rockin' the Ally.

Still no suitable slider replacement imo.

Stratosphere is *so* close, but doesn't quite make it.

If the price dropped on the Strat to 49 or free, I'd consider it.

We typically have tons of unused upgrades on our 5 lines of service, so that's not a factor.