How many applications can I install?General

Last Updated:

1. OM2

OM2 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've ONLY got a few applications on my X10 mini pro - I'm getting warnings saying I'm running out of space

I know about Android 2.2 allows you to install onto your memory card
    The fact that 2.1 doesn't do this really sucks - it doesn't take a genious to work out!

What are the limits?
    I assume it's a space limit only? So if I install an application that uses 100MB - then that's a big slide of the pie

Question: is it the fault of the applications? Could they be more well written and only use space for code on the phone and use the space on the SD more wisely?

(I've done a search on google but didn't find any useful answers)

Thanks

OM

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

I think the answer is how long is a piece of string? I have an X8 with the same memory capacity and have aorund 34 apps installed and haven't seen a low memory warning. Had a discussion elsewhere whether it was games that are more memory hungry than utility type apps (which is what I have predominantly)

It also seems to depend on what has been preinstalled on your phone by your provider too as far as using the memory up. Certainly on the X10 large I have a forum friend in the US and if you read our phone experiences you would say we had different phones and that is down to his being AT&T hog tied.

3. OM2

OM2 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

but surely there has to be a general physical limit like 300mb or something?
    some providers might have their apps pre installed - so making this smaller - would be interested to know what the basic figure is