How many apps are you guys RUNNING?? (battery life)General

Last Updated:

1. Liz0311

Liz0311 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I don't get it.

Today I woke up at 5:20 AM, charged my phone (even though it was at 97% as I leave it on airplane mode while I sleep--only need the alarm in the a.m.) 'til I left at 5:45...did a little app playing on the way to work (bus)...maybe 10 min. Checked my email. Clicked a couple of links.

Got to work, left connected to 3G, checked email & Facebook about twice each, read some news (Thomson Reuters app) on lunch, and did email & Yahoo Messenger + more Thomson Reuters news feeds for 45 min. bus commute home.

Got home at 6:30 PM, & battery was still at 61%.

The only thing I do to help battery life is use the "System Panel Lite" to kill any app I launch when I'm done with it (Facebook, Internet, Gmail, etc.). I never touch all the HTC internal process thingies.

Stock battery.

Is this amazingly good, or is everyone else just expecting Razr battery life out of a mini-laptop??

Advertisement
  2. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Well-Known Member

You might want to clone your battery and sell them to 99% of the other Inc owners on this forum, myself included. I have the Seidio 1750 mah battery and today was a good day. 15+ hrs uptime, 4 hours wake, battery at 7%. But i did use navigation for about 10 minutes today and I know that sucks serious juice.

3. waynester

waynester Well-Known Member

I would almost bet , you have excellent signal strength in your entire area.
    That is what kills mine, 70% of my time is in area that phone reports as 95-101 dbm.

4. batjeeper

batjeeper Well-Known Member

I have 330 apps on my phone. Yes, I am an addict. I listen to Pandora on the train to work and surf the web. I get to work with 70% and charge. I go home and do the same and get home with 70%. Three hours later I am down to 20%. I want the 1500 htc battery to play with (as I sit on my deck streaming music and browsing the forums).

Sorry for the rant. It's Friday and the drink is flowing.

5. Bug Splat

Bug Splat Well-Known Member

I used mine all day for calls a little surfing and just general playing around. When I checked right now how many programs were running there were 26 running. 13 hours later and I'm still at 67%. WIFI on all day, bluetooth half the day, used GPS for 10 minutes, texted maybe 30 times. Signal is always in the mid -80's at both work and home (1-2 bars).

What battery problem?

6. mttfrog13

mttfrog13 Well-Known Member

I just got the 1500 htc battery. I haven't broken it in yet but so far it seems substantially better.

With the original battery, I would wake up at 8, play music on a 15min walk to work, browse the net a bit with either 3g or wifi, check emails, and text at work. Walk 15min home while listening to music at 1pm. By the time I get home I was usually at about 30-40% depending on the day. The only major app i leave running in the background is last.fm scrobbling, other than that, I have ATK kill a lot of apps. I use brightness at about 30% when indoors and 100% outdoors just on the walk to and from work.

I think your problem is having the 330 apps installed. Some apps autostart even if u've never opened them once. Might want to try advanced task killer if u haven't already

7. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm trying something new to prolong battery life. I turned off background data, auto sync off, GPS off. I use to always have background data running, so it's fully charged and I'm going to see how the battery does with normal use(for me thats facebooking at least an hour, and browsing the web for another hour. Here we go...

8. batjeeper

My app addiction is definitely the problem. When I reboot, I'll have a good 30 apps running due to poor programming. I use System Panel to close everything after a reboot which seems to work very well. On average, I'll get 20 hours of awake time with only 3 hours of alive time. I'm testing a 1750 battery tomorrow so we'll see how that goes.

I'm also planning a cleaning house of apps this weekend. I've pretty much identified which apps I need vs. which apps were cool for the moment so a bunch of stuff gets deleted soon. :)

9. simmons_m

simmons_m Active Member

Does the 1500 battery require an extended battery cover?
    Thanks

10. batjeeper

Speculation: No, but the cover does not close 100%, there might be a little gap. The Seidio 1750 battery fits perfectly but allegedly only offers about 1500-1600 mah of battery power. I just received mine today and will be testing over the next couple of days.

11. simmons_m

simmons_m Active Member

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for your comments.

12. batjeeper

I'll PM you in a few days to let you know what I find (they recommend 5-6 battery cycles to achieve full battery power).

13. DavidinGA

DavidinGA Well-Known Member

I usually get 16+ hours with moderate use with my eBay OEM HTC TP2 1500mAh battery. With the original 1300mAh I would get 14+ hours...so 2 extra hours for $15 hell ya!

14. pleasealready?

pleasealready? Member

Do I need to download an app to find out the % of battery left?? My battery log that I have been checking is just in a bar format. Thanks!!

15. kriskmk

kriskmk Well-Known Member

I have 5 batteries now in total including the OEM Htc battery.. I have 2 stocked in my car.. one at my home and one at work.. I have 2 wall battery chargers (charges battery by itself).. one at home and one at work...

I found this a much better way to keep my Inc charged at all times.. and without having to plug my phone to anything... by doing which I lose access to my phone. I also find this better than using the extended 2150 mAh OEM battery.. which was good..but I hated the extra bulk it added in comparison to the original slim factor and weight.

and I did all this for $13.49..(also I have 3 screen protectors included in the price)..

I purchased 2 batteries and a wall charger with 2 screen protectors from Ebay for $13.49. They sent it to my old address and so they corrected their mistake and sent it to my new address.. but the one they sent to my old address got forwarded to me by USPS.. so thats how I have so many.

The batteries I got were 1500mAh HTC eris or TP2 batteries.. NOT OEM however. .. but they seem to be working good.

16. gornul

gornul Well-Known Member

There's a lot of widgets out there that will display a percentage remaining. Personally I like Battery Indicator (by Darshan Computing) because it puts the percentage in your status bar instead of requiring homescreen space.

pleasealready? likes this.