• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How many Apps is too many?

I think it all depends on you with how much apps you want on your phone. How much apps your phone can handle or what apps you have downloaded. If you only have heavy apps that are bigger than 10mb then you'll have less apps than someone with most of their apps around 2mb. Also, with 2.2, it's less of a hassel if the apps you download can be put on your SD card.

I want as much apps as possible but I've kept only the 'essentials'. I do a weekly prunning and maitenance of apps I don't use or need. I have about 130 apps/widgets with 30 MB left.

Upvote 0
You can have as many apps as you want. I mean, come on just fill that thing up and have pages and pages of apps and fill your little heart up. I mean I've had so many apps but i dont leave them on. If i dont use them i take them right off after the novelty wears off. I only keep things on there that im going to use like the wireless tethering app and weather and astro and chrome to phone and yahoo and rom manager and shoot me to name a few. I usually ditch the rest of them so i think i only have maybe 20 apps.

Upvote 0
I have around 100. When I first got the phone, I never thought I'd download so many, but as time went on, there was always a situation where someone would bring something up in conversation and I'd automatically look through Appbrain and the Market to find out if there's an app that will work for whatever was being discussed.

One thing that did help was that I transferred over a lot of apps onto my SD, that didn't need to be on the phone to work properly. Some apps, even though they can be transferred to the SD card, won't work properly when you transfer them (e.g. Music Mod widgets don't show up when you transfer it to the SD card).

Upvote 0
I asked this because I find I'm addicted to apps--seems like a lot of you are too lol--and finding I'm not using half of them--I'll satisfy my addiction one more time and dl apps2sd LOL. I do it to compare like htc or sprints stock sms compared to chopsms and handcent so I'm seeing which one is better. Both chomp and handcent have bubbles, the stock just messages.

Upvote 0
tootsie-pop-350.jpg

Upvote 0
How well do apps run from the sd?i have never run out of phone space, so have never tried apps2sd.do apps run just a quickly from the sd?

I haven't had any problems with any of the apps I've transferred to the SD. And this definitely freed up a good amount of memory to run apps that needed to be on the internal memory to function properly.

The only app that can be transferred to SD, but I kept on the phone was Music Mod because the widgets become unselectable when you transfer it to the SD.

Upvote 0
Just install until your phone explodes. It's got some un-defined limit detonation service paired with a seemingly small amount of plastic explosive (C4) in your device. Once the number of third-party apps installed hits some number, poof, your phone will let you know via exploding. During detonation, things like the screen shattering and sending shards of glass into your face, the battery exploding, and the plastic parts of the Evo vaporizing are entirely normal. This is, in fact, covered by HTC and Sprint once the phone is purchased, so no need to worry. Just gather whatever pieces of glass are left from your face, and grab up the smoldering shrapnel that was the edges of the phone, place it in a plastic container, and bring it in. In 3-5 business days you'll have a new phone, awaiting more apps.

In short: one can have as many apps as the phone will hold. Who knows, some people actually need upwards of 50 on a daily basis.

This probably sounded a lot funnier and more clever in your head.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones