• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How many Apps is too many?

tootsie-pop-350.jpg

haha awesome

Upvote 0
Well, My brothers girlfriends, mother, told me that Sprint's Corporate departments' Technical group's Escalation team told her, to let me know that I should never ever load more than 101 apps @ any given moment or my EVO would shut off and never come back on.

Cmon stop making stuff up. If it didn't come for the Evo gods then this is a lie and you will be punished by them for your sin.

Upvote 0
For you people with 100+ apps I wonder how many of those apps are wasting your battery even though you don't even use it.

Only a few of them run in the background, so for me, it's none of them really. I still get around 24 hours with regular use. I charge more often than I used to, just in case I need to go somewhere and know that I won't have a charger nearby for a few hours, but other than that...24 hours is pretty standard for me.

Upvote 0
...so far:

It's not that bad having a lot of apps. Once you get used to your phone, and the need to try other things comes into play, trust me. You'll start loading many apps. You will also remove just as many, because the need for most of those apps will be minimized by something greater.

When I started, I loaded tons of apps, then as I saw what I actually needed, and wanted to use, a lot of the ones I originally downloaded, were no longer needed. It's an on-going thing.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't know what to do .with 100+ apps on an Evo. I'm barely pushing 40 apps on my Hero and I think that's a lot. Do a lot of you just fill it up with a lot of games? Utilities? I want to know what kind of apps occupy most of ur app draw...

Games make up 20%
Utilities 50%
calendar/note/task/memo15%
launchers + icon packs + organizing apps 5%

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones