• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How many droids?

omfg_abe_simpson_in_and_out-1.gif
omfg_abe_simpson_in_and_out-1.gif

Reactions: fungalMonk
Upvote 0
estimate are that the motorola droid sold 250,000 in the first week, so if you factor in that was the week of nov 9 2010 and figure 100,000 each week there after. Over 20 weeks (not including The Eris) thats over 2 and a half million phones. With 200,000 updated each week that will take 12 and a half weeks not including any new sales. So I put the Eris update sometime between now and December! But I dont really know because I don't have actual sales data to go on just a rough estimates that I can find online.....

Upvote 0
If tommy has 3 Apples. And Jon has 4 Oranges. And Tommy is walking north east at a 45 degree angle at 5 miles per hour, while Jon is walking 3 miles per hour on a 45 degree angle as well. Assuming they start at opposite ends of the deserts, how many droid phones have been sold far?

Upvote 0
estimate are that the motorola droid sold 250,000 in the first week, so if you factor in that was the week of nov 9 2010 and figure 100,000 each week there after. Over 20 weeks (not including The Eris) thats over 2 and a half million phones. With 200,000 updated each week that will take 12 and a half weeks not including any new sales. So I put the Eris update sometime between now and December! But I dont really know because I don't have actual sales data to go on just a rough estimates that I can find online.....

You mean 200,000 a day, and if they sold 2.5 million phones, that would be 12.5 days, not weeks. Don't drag this out longer than it has to be!:p

Upvote 0
You mean 200,000 a day, and if they sold 2.5 million phones, that would be 12.5 days, not weeks. Don't drag this out longer than it has to be!:p

Well, the Bible tells us that one thousand years to the Lord is but one day to us. .. maybe it's the other way around .. and maybe it was Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe ..

.. well, anyway, Verizon being the Lord of our phones, I'd estimate that we'll get our Eris update a few months prior to the sun swelling up to a red giant type of star, engulfing the entire solar system and incinerating our planet in the process.

We'll be able to text each other as that takes place.

Reactions: ERISLOVER
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones