How many have or will return the Fascinate?

Keep, return, or wait and see?

1. Yes I'm returning it!

26 vote(s)
    15.3%
  2. No way, it's great! I'm keeping it!

106 vote(s)
    62.4%
  3. I'm going to wait and see.

38 vote(s)
    22.4%

Last Updated:

1. durangojim

durangojim Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Not trolling but just curious how many of us have or are likely to return this phone. Has a lot of great features, but a lot of bugs and inconsistencies too. I'm taking mine back tomorrow and might repurchase it later when it gets Froyo and has some kinks worked out.

Advertisement
  2. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Returned/exchanged mine yesterday for an X. I didn't have the option to return both (BOGO), because my wife loves her Fascinate. :)

I wanted the better reception and noise cancellation capabilities in the X.

3. namlee78

namlee78 Well-Known Member

I'm considering return and exchange to same one.
    I heard lots of crackling sounds when I talk to one the phone and some little bug issue...I switched from Incredible... um...don't know what to do...

Incredible was so fine but, I love the design of this Fascinate.
    Should I have to wait for an update?

4. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Im keeping mine. I havent had any issues with reception or call quality like some have. Things will only get better with Froyo

5. E=Fb

E=Fb Member

I'm keeping mine. Coming from a Dare, this is like the greatest phone ever.

6. Atst44

Atst44 Member

I used a Droid, Droid 2, Droid X, Devour, Eris, Incredible and now the Fascinate.

I have to say I'm keeping the fascinate. It is the best (for me) so far. The Droid X is a VERY close second due to the better reception/call quality (It's true sadly...).

It was a pain to remove all the bookmarks and to ignore bing and force myself to change a few things, but they are habit after one day of use now.

7. Droidable

Droidable Well-Known Member

Im gonna keep mine too. Cant wait for Froyo!

8. irish

irish Well-Known Member

I do feel bad for those that are having issues with this phone. Mine is perfect!! I was on the flip side with the Inc. Even though I loved the Inc, I had a lot of issues compaired to my Fascinate!!! No device/phone is perfect. If you check all the other forums for the other major phones (Inc, X, Droid 2 ect), they all complain about something being wrong or needing to be fixed or could be better. There is not one single phone that everyone agrees is "Perfect", there will never be one. There are to many people with different thoughts on what would make a perfect phone. So you just need to pick the one that best suits you. IMHO

zanza, UniqueNate and jroc like this.
  9. gingergirl

gingergirl Well-Known Member

I voted "wait and see"....Sadly... I'm still on the Fascinate Fence.... I have gone to Verizon TWICE.... with the full-on intention of returning it. But the look on those reps faces... they just can't understand it... lol..... so.... I still have three more weeks.... I'm going to stick with it. I Just CAN'T seem to embrace the capacitive screen!!!! I have long, slender fingers.. and I mess up ALL THE TIME!!! I simply don't understand how guys with large hands could possibly do it with accuracy! But.... I'm going to stick it out. I will keep practicing. The screen is amazing... the photos riveting...

I just wanna LOVE it... and right now... well I do NOT...I'm a "serial" texter... lol... and I find myself avoiding it... probably a relief to some of my friends... LOL

10. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Are you using the swype for your texting

11. gingergirl

hi saps...thanks for keeping a look-out for me... lol.... :)..... they downloaded two T9 apps for me at verizon.... and.... it just still didn't perform like I'm accustomed... and then to add to the frustration... both were working simultaneously... so I would get double notifications....... and then the phone would freeze... and my head would explode... lol

So... now, yes, I am practicing swype... lol..... it just might be the ticket...we'll see... stay tuned!.. I'm sure some of the tech-savy folks on here are reading my stuff and shaking their heads... lol

12. xliderider

Yes, she is probably using Swype. Ginger, in any text entry field, long press and select Input Method, Android Keyboard. Try that, it will do autocorrection and suggest alternate words as you type. The Swype keyboard wont do that if you "type" on it, but it will if you drag your finger from letter to letter. There are YouTube videos that show Swype in action.

winghunter likes this.
  13. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Yeah my first go with swype wasnt pleasant but after a few days Im getting pretty decent with it and honestly its all I use now. Keep on keeping on gg ;)

14. Droidus

Droidus Well-Known Member

Swipe>

15. carrottop

carrottop Active Member

Well, I'm on the fence right now. I was planning on exchanging it for an X due to some quirky bugs and the fact that I couldn't receive an text message alert while on a voice call. I downloaded Handcent and that seemed to fix the alert thing, so that was no longer a deal breaker.

However, due to some the bugs, Verizon had me reset my phone and, I might be crazy, but it surely seems to be running slower than it did prior to the reset!

Soooo, I might exchange it and get another Fascinate. I really want to love this phone! Unfortunately, I lose my 30 day window to exchange to anything else since the second Fascinate would be my exchange. Or do I keep this one and try to "fix" it, allowing me to still exchange it for the X if I just cannot "love" it. What to do....what to do....

16. Boxytheboxed

Boxytheboxed Member

Im exchanging mine for an X. The lagginess and random freezeups are just no ok.

17. Jacki1008

Jacki1008 Well-Known Member

Keeping mine. I had a Droid X that I returned. Too many bugs and too big/clumsy for me. I'm much happier with my Fascinate, warts and all.

18. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

I'm keeping mine I love it and once froyo drops it will be even better

19. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

I'm going to wait for like 2 weeks to see if Amazon drop their prices down to $530 again for the Fascinate or if I can find it at a Walmart since it's cheaper. If I can't, then I'll be returning mine to Best Buy.

20. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

So you're gonna return it if the price doesn't go down? Ha good reason

21. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Well, right now I have a Droid X and Fascinate with me. They each have pluses and minuses. I don't know if spending $220 (estimate after selling X on Ebay) is worth it for the Fascinate. I will be getting a new phone also in about 4 months for when I go to Europe for a few months.

I could save the $220 to help purchase a European phone... and those aren't cheap at all.

22. xliderider

World phone version of D2 is supposed to come out before the Droid pro. Then purchase a local prepaid sim card in Europe. Need to get it unlocked first though.

23. makemehavefun

makemehavefun Well-Known Member

I'm on my 2nd Fascinate. This one freezes up inexplicably and at the worst times. I'll get a call, ironically from a Verizon CS rep, and the display won't let me answer. Missed call. This has already happened 5 times. I've had only one single dropped call on the first. This one has dropped twice.

I have the opportunity to give the Fascinate another shot by swapping it out once again or I can go for the DX which I almost did earlier tonight. If I choose the DX, the store will charge a $35 restocking fee to the account but the Verizon rep will waive it. I've had more than one already say they'd do that for me on the account I shouldn't have to be "penalized" and charged a fee for not being able to put up with a bad phone.

I'm going to give it another shot and hope it works out.

MAKE them understand that you will not keep a bad phone and you will not pay a restocking fee because it's not your fault you received a lemon.

I was also told that every instance that I exchange a phone that's "DOA" the start date for the "Worry free 30 day" starts all over.

---

Oh, btw, I voted "I'm going to wait and see". There was no option for "Exchanging for a new one and hope it isn't a lemon"

24. gingergirl

I like this poll... and check in on it to see how the SF is stacking up.... but I got to thinking this morning that probably the people that would vote that they are returning it....have already returned it and are frolicking on another part of this forum.. hmmmmm :confused:

25. saps

saps Well-Known Member

I would think if you take back the first SF [not return] due to it being faulty that that would not count as an exchange. You are doing a replacement then not an exchange. Maybe its semantics but in principle I cannot see it any other way