• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How many have or will return the Fascinate?

Keep, return, or wait and see?

• Yes I'm returning it!

Votes: 26 15.3%
  • No way, it's great! I'm keeping it!

Votes: 106 62.4%
  • I'm going to wait and see.

Votes: 38 22.4%

• Total voters
I was just reading on Engadget that vzw might be doing away with UNLIMITED data? If that's true, bye vzw, especially if they wont honer grandfathering past unlimited people in..

They've already told me that the grandfathered unlimited people will not have plan changes. What they won't tell me is if they will let us keep renewing our unlimited 3G plans or if they will take that option away and force us to make the switch.

Upvote 0
They've already told me that the grandfathered unlimited people will not have plan changes. What they won't tell me is if they will let us keep renewing our unlimited 3G plans or if they will take that option away and force us to make the switch.
Hmmmm, good question. I suppose my take is just wait and see. I just renewed my 2 year contract of course when I got this SF so Im set till mid 2012 with unlimited data. Of course this time next year I might have to use my annual upgrade for a 4G/LTE device I wont even bother to speculate what the specs of that phone will be ;)

Upvote 0
Hmmmm, good question. I suppose my take is just wait and see. I just renewed my 2 year contract of course when I got this SF so Im set till mid 2012 with unlimited data. Of course this time next year I might have to use my annual upgrade for a 4G/LTE device I wont even bother to speculate what the specs of that phone will be ;)
Let me see if i can find the verizon article that specifically states that the limited data plans will be for new customers only. I know i read it, but i know that noone likes the he said she said game, so let me take a look, but it did specifically state that the limited plan would apply to new customers only. I think this is one of the good things about renewing is that, this is one of the rare situations where it prevents THEM from doing something... looking now.

Upvote 0
so... to those who have read my stuff... we had a pretty rocky start.... but... I was determined to stick it out.... I'm stubborn.

and.... it was worth every "hour"... and I am TOTALLY not Kidding... "HOUR".. of trouble...... but it PAID OFF.... I (will be a lady and not swear)... but... it was totally "blah blah" worth it... :) xxoo ... thanks to all of you here...

Upvote 0
Well, right now I have a Droid X and Fascinate with me. They each have pluses and minuses. I don't know if spending $220 (estimate after selling X on Ebay) is worth it for the Fascinate. I will be getting a new phone also in about 4 months for when I go to Europe for a few months.

I could save the $220 to help purchase a European phone... and those aren't cheap at all.

Have you heard of gazelle.com? You can recycle your phones there. I just checked...You can recycle the X for $301 if it's in "good" condition, $336 if "perfect" condition.

Upvote 0
i got one today(well 2 one for the gf) and am already considering returning it even after taking Bing off. probably going to go with the D2, its very nice i love the look and the speed but something is just unappealing about it, im going to give it more time to see if it grows on me though, coming from a tour might be why it feels weird too.

Upvote 0
If I could I'd change my vote to 'No way, it's great! I'm keeping it!'.

Apparently, I've just had really bad luck in getting two, flat-out, lemons. However, this one is working great. Only negative I can try to come up with is that the display isn't quite as 'white' as the 2nd one... but I can't even bring myself to nitpick at it since the display in and of itself is so damn good.

Upvote 0
I used my evo for most of the day....I don't want to hear anything about LCD being even close to Amoledor Super Amoled.....I felt like I was looking at a fuzzy screen....keeping the Fascinate...screen is that good
Some people complain about reception or the GPS, this that and the other thing; but the screen seems universally praised......outside of those who complain about blue tint I guess someone will always find something to gripe about with anything

Upvote 0
Some people complain about reception or the GPS, this that and the other thing; but the screen seems universally praised......outside of those who complain about blue tint I guess someone will always find something to gripe about with anything

I like the slight blue tint. It definitely looks "cooler" (or bluer) than the Droid X. Fortunately blue is one of my favorite colors! ;)

Upvote 0
I like the slight blue tint. It definitely looks "cooler" (or bluer) than the Droid X. Fortunately blue is one of my favorite colors! ;)
I, too, fancy the deep, sexy blue that the screen evokes... I find myself tilting it (just so) when it's sleeping to soak in the beautiful mysterious blue. My screen is sans protector... so it's simply meeeoooowwww

Upvote 0
I, too, fancy the deep, sexy blue that the screen evokes... I find myself tilting it (just so) when it's sleeping to soak in the beautiful mysterious blue. My screen is sans protector... so it's simply meeeoooowwww
harrymetsally.jpg

I'll have what she's having

Upvote 0
I am sad :(

activated my other fascinate on my wifes line. both of them were stupid and couldnt find where i was when trying to navigate. this has killed my hopes in the fascinate. the final nail in the fascinates gps coffin is when i activated my old droid on my line. searched for a mcdonalds nearby and as soon i hit get driving directions my droid was belting out instructions while the fascinate couldnt even find me. second and most tragic thing is that I called my wife while sitting in front of a fan on low settings and the droid performed much greater than the fascinate did in not picking up the wind noise. I love the screen on this phone and wish it was the one for me but I'm going to have to send both back, get hit with 2 restocking fees and get the droid x. i see no other options. the vibrant still doesnt have a real gps fix and if i cant buy a new phone that stands up to the voice quality of my almost year old droid i have lost interest.

i wanted it to work but when 2 major functions of the phones do not work properly im not going to make up excuses to keep the phone.

Upvote 0
I am sad :(

activated my other fascinate on my wifes line. both of them were stupid and couldnt find where i was when trying to navigate. this has killed my hopes in the fascinate. the final nail in the fascinates gps coffin is when i activated my old droid on my line. searched for a mcdonalds nearby and as soon i hit get driving directions my droid was belting out instructions while the fascinate couldnt even find me. second and most tragic thing is that I called my wife while sitting in front of a fan on low settings and the droid performed much greater than the fascinate did in not picking up the wind noise. I love the screen on this phone and wish it was the one for me but I'm going to have to send both back, get hit with 2 activations fees and get the droid x. i see no other options. the vibrant still doesnt have a real gps fix and if i cant buy a new phone that stands up to the voice quality of my almost year old droid i have lost interest.

i wanted it to work but when 2 major functions of the phones do not work properly im not going to make up excuses to keep the phone.
Just before you abandon ship have you tried some of the GPS fixes? On my my phone now so searching is tougher thru the browser but there is an app called GPS Status that might help you. At this point its not going to hurt. Sorry I cannot give a link to the thread or I would. Search GPS Status in these forums

Upvote 0
Just before you abandon ship have you tried some of the GPS fixes? On my my phone now so searching is tougher thru the browser but there is an app called GPS Status that might help you. At this point its not going to hurt. Sorry I cannot give a link to the thread or I would. Search GPS Status in these forums

I did the gps status fix but couldn't get a resolution. Samsung tweeted a fix would come by september but I'm not expecting anything. Id honestly love to use this phone and don't want to pay the restocking fees but if a fix doesn't come before my 30 days is up I have to jump ship.

Is there another fix that I've missed?

Upvote 0
I did the gps status fix but couldn't get a resolution. Samsung tweeted a fix would come by september but I'm not expecting anything. Id honestly love to use this phone and don't want to pay the restocking fees but if a fix doesn't come before my 30 days is up I have to jump ship.

Is there another fix that I've missed?
Did you do your fix indoor or out? Maybe it shouldn't matter but when I was having an issue I did the GPS Status thing outdoors and I locked right in. Even now when Im inside the lower level of my house I get GPS inaccuracies. But all is well outdoors or in my car with Nav

Upvote 0
Did you do your fix indoor or out? Maybe it shouldn't matter but when I was having an issue I did the GPS Status thing outdoors and I locked right in. Even now when Im inside the lower level of my house I get GPS inaccuracies. But all is well outdoors or in my car with Nav

You sir have shown me the light.. Did the gps fix outside and its locking down instantly.. lets see how call quality goes now. If it can't be figured out I may doa the phone and try to replace it that way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones