how many have rooted this week

Last Updated:

1. LABRAT

LABRAT Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

since htc put the update back again.. how many of us have rooted our hero's ?

im running the villain 5.2 rom since thursday night and very happy indeed with it.. allso updated to the latest radio, and seem to get a better signal..

overall im very glad i rooted my phone and went for a custom rom..

big thanks to all on the forum for help and writeups...

what are other new rooters running?

Advertisement
  2. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

5.2 as of Wed, going to donate and. Grab me some 5.3 goodness this weekend.Props to just2exy, great guide

3. LABRAT

whats the minimum donation amount accepted that gets you classed as a donator jaffa?

4. Hybrid Ozone

Hybrid Ozone Member

I rooted Wednesday to SenseHero2.1, then tried VillainROM5.2 as everyone's torn between them! I went back to Sense this morning, they both use the same bits but look so much different!!!
    It must be a taste thing but I prefer Sense, if anybody gets Villain 5.3 then I NEED to know the pro's & con's!!!!

5. MattGarner

MattGarner Active Member

I've rooted this week to VillainROM 5.2 and will be going up to 5.3 soon. :)

6. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

I'm not sure as yet, any more than a fiver and ill live. Without. jit any one else getting horrible. Keyboard lag and. Too. Many full stops on 5.2

7. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

I'm seriously considering trying Villain. I do have concerns though especially will I miss Sense? I suppose if I don't like it I can always Nandroid back to MoDaCo 3.2.

:EDIT:
    Just seen 5.3 has sense :)

Downloading now...

8. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Link for 5.3 please?

9. jUsT2eXy

jUsT2eXy Well-Known Member

turn off haptic feedback aka vibration to get rid of keyboard lagg and I recommended looking into an app called better keyboard. but first try 5.3 and see I'd its better. I have never had keyboard lagg on custom roms

Sent from my Hero using Tapatalk

10. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

11. LABRAT

im having probs with 5.2 hanging on the su request everytime i try to use a root only app... su being super user..

just reflashed with the sence 2.1 rom buy way of a trial..its booting up now ..ill keep you posted..

12. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

My Su request works fine, I just select allow always.

Is Villian a CDMA port?

13. LABRAT

no idea if its a cdma port... whats one of them then?

when i reflashed 5.2 this morning i selected allow allways when it promted for the super user accsess still giving me problems though...

14. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Sensehero is a CDMA port, CDMA are generally american phones, they dont use sim cards, and I imagine more fiddling is required for use on a GSM phone, i assume a GSM rom would be more stable on a GSM phone

15. bluenova

16. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Well-Known Member

I rooted this thursday, now running 5.22 Villain rom and couldnt be happier, just a stupid question? do you have to update the radio rom?

17. bluenova

From reading the forum posts on the Villain site the issues raised re Gmaps on simondra seem non-founded. But I will see soon enough, just doing my backups at the mo...

18. MattGarner

MattGarner Active Member

I believe it is a CDMA port as that is why there was dashes in the numbers when dialled and an issue with sending long text messages.

19. bluenova

Should be sorted now...

20. bluenova

I haven't read that you need to. I'm in the process of upgrading to 5.3 without updating the Radio.

21. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Excellent a guinea pig, lmk how it goes!!

22. bluenova

Unfortunately I'm not in the UK at the moment so I can't tell you whether Gmaps navigation is working. From what I've read though nav now works officially in the UK so there is no need to use BRUT to force it to work.

I've also read that the GPS needs to be on during boot to get a fix. If it's off you need to turn it on then re-boot for it to work. I think this might be why simondra was saying Gmaps doesn't work. I'll confirm this once it's installed. I'm still waiting on Titanium to finish at the mo :D.

23. mgillespie

mgillespie Well-Known Member

Yep, rooted my G2 TOUCH (UK), the day they announced ***ANOTHER*** 3 month delay.
    Running Sense 2.1 v1

Pretty happy with it. Have Google Navigation and all protected apps in the store. There are a few small quirks, but nothing serious..

24. rustynuts

rustynuts Well-Known Member

Some the same as you with my g2 yesterday, did you update the radio as i seem to have a much better signal now im sure, well i had a poor signal in my home and now it seems ok the only thing still annoying me is 3g still not working

25. enzydroid

enzydroid Member

I rooted and flashed thursday night and have been playing with it ever since.

I decided to go with SenseHero2.1 and I really haven't had any issues. Stickman posted an incremental update last night, which has a couple tweeks that need to be ironed out, but otherwise it's a great rom.

I'm not having any issues with keyboard lag, even though I've got haptic feedback switched on.

Regardless of what rom you choose I would recommend updating the radio as I've seen quite an increase in signal strength since flashing the latest release, so if anyone has a been suffering from a dodgy signal, update the radio!!

HTC? Official 2.1 update? Pah!