how many have you had your phone exchanged because of the lint/dirty between screens?General

Last Updated:

1. 2003vstrom

2003vstrom Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yeah unforunatley my phone hase been flawless since the 6/05 when I got if from Amazon, besides the pink hue of the screen, but I have noticed that I have lint/dirt between the screens:rolleyes: you think there would be some kind of sealant or a gasket to keep this crap out of the screens, mine is just a few specks but they are really big specks and bugs the f-out of me so I emailed amazon yesterday and they are going to sent me a replacement, they said july 13th-july 20 it should be here, so hopefully the one I get is still the AMOLED screen not the new one they are talking about switch too.

Advertisement
  2. DMP84

DMP84 Active Member

I went through 2, the first had dust right out of the box and Verizon exchanged it right away. It took a few days to get the second one but there was no dust out of the box. Within a week I had over 10 specks of dust. I went to Verizon and complained, even though I was past the 30 days mark they took it back no problem and that ended my Incredible days, did not bother getting a 3rd.

3. rasmith18

rasmith18 Active Member

My 1st Inc had lint under the screen, busted speaker, and camera locking up phone. My 2nd had another busted speaker, currently waiting on my 3rd to arrive.

4. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

I can only say that production quality on these phone must have gone down since I got mine. My girlfriend, my son, and I all got new incs. at the beginning of May and none of us have seen the kind of hardware defects I am seeing being reported in these forums. Thank God.

5. dibs ODDJOB

dibs ODDJOB Well-Known Member

My fiance and I are still using our launch day DI's. They have had no issues with the screen.

6. jikhead

jikhead Well-Known Member

Where is the lint on your screen? Is it at the top?

I have lint specs in the top left of the screen, which I believe is getting there from the design of the earpiece. I got mine on release date. It doesn't really bother me because I only notice it when the screen is off and you then can see white specs on the blackness of the screen.

7. DMP84

DMP84 Active Member

The first one I received right out of the box had a few in the bottom left corner, the replacement after 2 weeks had a few dead center of the screen and upon returning had a few in the top left. Therefore I did not want to take chances if within 2 weeks I had a bunch and did not want to get stuck with a phone that will just keep accumulating dust.

8. 2003vstrom

2003vstrom Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yeah mine are right out in the midldle of screen, that`s why i`m like how hell those get in there:rolleyes: i was always worried about this problem then it finally showed up:(