How many HTC Desire HD owners are planning to get another HTC phone?General

For HTC Desire HD owners - Do you still plan to buy a HTC phone for your next phone?

1. Never again!

28 vote(s)
  2. Yes, I still love HTC.

32 vote(s)
  3. Only if it is a HTC Nexus phone.

12 vote(s)

Last Updated:

1. ral

ral Well-Known Member

Well, title says it all.

Thanks for correcting the typo.

2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

I'm undecided - guess it would depend what was about at the time I come to upgrade!

Poll edited btw :)
    ral likes this.
  3. ral

ral Well-Known Member

I got a Galaxy Nexus for my wife in February, and I have been so jealous ever since. Chrome browser is the Android killer app. I really just wanted ICS for that.

I am downgraded and rooted. Not the type to install custom ROM's... but, well HTC convinced me.
  4. D-U-R-X

The thing is, by rooting, you've done the hardest part... I've been rocking IceColdSandwich for quite a while now and love it :)
  5. john_g

john_g Well-Known Member

I'm not sure the options cover my answer... I'll not be buying an HTC phone when I upgrade in a couple of months, and this is for several reasons: yes, their failure to fully support their phones for the duration of a two-year contract, but also their move away from replaceable batteries and expandable memory is a real downer for me. Finally - and I think this might be the real reason why HTC no longer plan to upgrade the DHD - their market share and revenues seem to be falling and I'm left wondering where they'll be in another two years time. If they are pulling their developers away from upgrading old phones in order to get their house in order so they can launch completely new market-leading models in the near future, then I'd certainly consider another HTC phone after my next upgrade has run its course.
    El Presidente likes this.
  6. BynoUK

BynoUK Well-Known Member

Never say never, I've no brand loyalty to them but I'm not one to shoot myself in the foot either. My next phone isn't likely to be HTC though (unless Nexus)

In the future if I had the money & the phone was unbeatable I'd consider HTC again.
  7. acidbob

acidbob Active Member

No contract up in August and getting Samsung Galaxy S3, No removable battery and no micro sd is a big FAIL to me. No wonder HTC are losing money.
  8. ral

ral Well-Known Member

The AAHK makes it fairly easy. I can't imagine doing it without that. I've Cold Sandwich. A lot have recommended that. This time tomorrow, I will be rocking something new :)

Samsung is not stellar in their updates either though. But, at least the battery is user replaceable.
  9. D-U-R-X

Whilst I understand that the AAHK makes it easy (I have used it on a mate's DHD for them) and it is easier that way than the manual method (which I had to do), it's still a big step :)

IceCold is pretty awesome, but the UI is nothing like HTC's Sense - I prefer it though!

The bonus is that you can change as often as you like! :)
  10. nigsy

nigsy Well-Known Member

Got to agree - The S3 looks the best phone out there at the moment. I'm due for an upgrade in September, so will be keeping an eye on the new releases.
  11. ral

ral Well-Known Member

I posted in a bit of frustration... due to the cancelled ICS update. As a knee jerk reaction I rooted my phone. Now I am happy as a clam with my DHD again.

I think I would like to change my answer to:

Many thanks D-U-R-X, scotty85, El Presidente and nigsy.
    El Presidente likes this.
  12. Omar Days

Omar Days Well-Known Member

Until they start putting sd slots back in their phones again, I won't be going back to them.
  13. SUSS

SUSS Well-Known Member

Same for me, contract up in early September, wont be getting an HTC for the reasons above and the fact they just cant be arsed supporting their handsets.
  14. Mehta23

Mehta23 Well-Known Member

Depends on what's around when / if i decide to / get the chance to change.

Now I'll probably consider other phones more than HTC's.

Would like a nexus...

Something fast. Good camera. Features. Lots of good roms
  15. Gillefut

Gillefut Member

Well I voted never again, but that's because I recieved my SGSIII yesterday!

I was thinking of the oneX for my upgrade but after the ICSgate debacle I had to jump ship.

First impressions of SGSIII = amazing!!!!!!
  16. BynoUK

BynoUK Well-Known Member

Bought a Galaxy S3 & so glad I did. It's bloody great, going to bed with over 50% battery remaining is something I'm not used to at all!

HTC need to bring back external memory & replaceable battery before I even consider another in the future.
  17. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

Not answering the poll as I'll probably not be going for an HTC when my phone comes up but I'm not going to say I'll never go HTC again. S3 looks like the dog's danglies at the moment.

18. Mehta23

Mehta23 Well-Known Member

Depending on how everything goes with htc, I might actually consider it still

So, when's the next nexus coming? A HTC nexus or Asus would be good
  19. IanG

IanG Member

First and last HTC for me :mad:

Contract is up next month and will be getting a new phone from a different manufacturer
  20. stevevercs

stevevercs Well-Known Member

I am due an upgrade at the end of October, I will wait and see what's available at the time. If it's a Nexus device made by HTC, I will definitely consider it. I think its the fact that i have rooted, and running vanilla android, that i don't particularly want all the other sense stuff slowing my phone down, although they have thinned it out.

Also, rumoured 5 nexus devices aside, not sure if there are going to be any flagship devices released by the time my upgrade comes along?!
  21. IanB

IanB Active Member

Never Again - HTC have lost at least 6 users: Myself, family and employees. Looks like the Samsung for us! Bye Bye HTC, thanks for almost nothing!
  22. njlieck

njlieck Member

23. Omar Days

Omar Days Well-Known Member

24. Mouse1903

Mouse1903 Member

Mine will be 2 years old in December and I plan on keeping it at least for 3 years and will access the phone market then. I save up in advance so will have
  25. andy_3_913

andy_3_913 Well-Known Member

contract is up in feb,
    with the lack of support, and the no removable battery bit, i won't say no, but it looks like i'm going for samsung next time.
    though, will admit, last phone i had was samsung jet. no support for that, either