• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How many HTC Desire HD owners are planning to get another HTC phone?

For HTC Desire HD owners - Do you still plan to buy a HTC phone for your next phone?

• Never again!

Votes: 28 38.9%
  • Yes, I still love HTC.

Votes: 32 44.4%
  • Only if it is a HTC Nexus phone.

Votes: 12 16.7%

• Total voters
I'm not sure the options cover my answer... I'll not be buying an HTC phone when I upgrade in a couple of months, and this is for several reasons: yes, their failure to fully support their phones for the duration of a two-year contract, but also their move away from replaceable batteries and expandable memory is a real downer for me. Finally - and I think this might be the real reason why HTC no longer plan to upgrade the DHD - their market share and revenues seem to be falling and I'm left wondering where they'll be in another two years time. If they are pulling their developers away from upgrading old phones in order to get their house in order so they can launch completely new market-leading models in the near future, then I'd certainly consider another HTC phone after my next upgrade has run its course.

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
@D-U-R-X

The AAHK makes it fairly easy. I can't imagine doing it without that. I've Cold Sandwich. A lot have recommended that. This time tomorrow, I will be rocking something new :)

Whilst I understand that the AAHK makes it easy (I have used it on a mate's DHD for them) and it is easier that way than the manual method (which I had to do), it's still a big step :)

IceCold is pretty awesome, but the UI is nothing like HTC's Sense - I prefer it though!

The bonus is that you can change as often as you like! :)

Upvote 0
I posted in a bit of frustration... due to the cancelled ICS update. As a knee jerk reaction I rooted my phone. Now I am happy as a clam with my DHD again.

I think I would like to change my answer to:

I'm undecided - guess it would depend what was about at the time I come to upgrade!

Many thanks D-U-R-X, scotty85, El Presidente and nigsy.

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
Depending on how everything goes with htc, I might actually consider it still

So, when's the next nexus coming? A HTC nexus or Asus would be good

I am due an upgrade at the end of October, I will wait and see what's available at the time. If it's a Nexus device made by HTC, I will definitely consider it. I think its the fact that i have rooted, and running vanilla android, that i don't particularly want all the other sense stuff slowing my phone down, although they have thinned it out.

Also, rumoured 5 nexus devices aside, not sure if there are going to be any flagship devices released by the time my upgrade comes along?!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones