How many more high end androids will sprint get before the end of the year?

How many more Sprint high ends?

1. 0

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  2. 1

11 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. 2

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. 3 or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Last Updated:

1. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hopefully 2 at the very least...

Advertisement
  2. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

As of right now, it doesn't look very good. The Transform is kinda middle to lower end on the android scale. That's the only android phones being release soon that's even worth mentioning for Sprint.

3. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

I'd bet the best-case is 1. I expect Sprint to fall into the WP7 tizzy beginning today and running through the end of the year.

I also think it would make more sense from the Sprint perspective to release the next round of Android phones in concert with the Android 3.0 release if it stays on schedule for early '11.

Sprint's not going to win the "intro new phones race" against the other carriers so I'd rather see them win the "our phones will be competitive, our network will offer value and advanced-enough technology with nationwide coverage, and many people will come to and stay with us because we're good at what we do." I'd rather see them stay focused on selling what enough people want sort of like Ford does with the F-150 than try to have products for everyone that don't sell and just cause customer service problems.

4. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

Well said, Rig. I agree with your statement, but as a counter Sprint seems to have the middle to low end of the android spectrum covered well, why can't they add just one or two more high end devices? I would kill for a 1ghz, 3.7 inch HTC phone. I don't need a tablet, like the evo, I need something that is small enough to fit in my jeans pocket, and the evo won't. I know that if there are only two high end devices, Sprint can try to offer better service for those devices, but at least one more choice would be nice....

And the idea of trying to release the next high end device with gingerbread pre loaded is also much better than waiting around for a crappy update six or nine months later. So I guess I will have to wait, because I think we have seen our share of Android Flagships for this year, anyway:cool:

5. eieio

eieio Well-Known Member

2-3 high end phones

and

1 or 2 slates/tablets by Christmas.. -1 for the Samsung Tab one more tablet to drop.

6. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

Use the Evo to justify new jeans with side pockets. I did!

7. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

i don't think sprint is going to introduce anymore high-end android (via 4G). i'm thinking (hoping) they might introduce a mid-tier similar as the samsung transform but without the slider. that way, they would have two options, similar to their two high-end devices, EVO and Epic 4G.

the sanyo zio is more of a budget android. if i was going for a budget android, it would be the upcoming LG Optimus S, not the Zio.

they might sneak in the palm pre 2 before the end of the year.

8. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

XDA Exclusive: HTC Knight (Updated) | xda-developers

^^
    This should make youj happy :)

9. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

10. 330D

11. 330D

I heard (purely rumor, but could have truth) that in 2 weeks it could be out...