how many of us are actually USING >1 scene??

Last Updated:

1. SDscorch

SDscorch Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

c'mon.. be honest!

who is using various scenes throughout the course of a day/week?

i am not

i thought i would like it - but i've made my own custom setup, and i'm just living there

Advertisement
  2. Wams

Wams Active Member

My own custom set up aswell......i dont have a need for that different scene stuff.

3. quentinfisher

quentinfisher Well-Known Member

i have my school apps(docs to go, agenda, calender for due dates etc) in their own scene, helps me stay focused when im in school not to have my fun apps on the screen, add ftw lol.

4. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

One scene here are well. I used the default scene, moved a few things around, added a few thing, took some off. Not sure if it will stay this way, but for now...

5. Negrito

Negrito Well-Known Member

One scene, but it subject to change daily...

6. hgelpke

hgelpke New Member

I have 2 so far. One is my every day usage one and the other is what I use when I'm driving. The driving one has google maps, sprint nav, pandora, last.fm, widgets for the people I would most likely need to call, and a bluetooth switch.

I might be able to put them on a different home screen but why bother? I have the option to use scenes so I am going to use them.

7. nathanotis

nathanotis Well-Known Member

I can see this as a good reason for using multi-scenes... My problem is that I work with a bunch of people who are equally or possibly MORE geeked-out than I am about phones... So everyone wants to see the cool stuff. I can't go hiding it in a "Fun" scene.

If you haven't figured it out, I use only one scene. In fact, I have 3 completely blank pages in that one scene... But my Sense UI moves quick and is highly responsive.

8. SDscorch

SDscorch Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

you know, that's funny you say that

i have empty pages too!

its like, we (the public) DEMAND sooo much performance/storage/batt life/etc... but in the end, do we really USE it??

personally, i like knowing there's seven *possible* scenes, and i would be kinda ticked if they reduced it somehow (like in a patch or something - no, they wouldn't - i'm just sayin)

anyway, i was just curious

i was also wondering if anyone was using locale or something similar to change scenes based on their location

9. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

I really WANT to do this, but Ive been far to lazy to actually set it up.

10. Destructo21

Destructo21 Member

one for now

11. Michel Dover

Michel Dover Active Member

Two in my case.

12. pdragon

pdragon Well-Known Member

Only one here. I haven't even used up all the screens on my one scene either. I've just started organizing each page for things and saving it as my own scene. Keep the things I use the most on the Home screen. Another screen is for settings (on/switches settings, market, etc), another for travel (SprintNav, Mileage, Layar, Wikipedia, etc) and another for games. Even those aren't all filled yet and that leaves 3 more screens for stuff.

If I actually fill it enough to need another scene I think I'm probably using the phone too much. :)

13. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

between the PRO2 and the Hero and a launch day purchased PSP GO, i cant find the time to sit down and play with the HERO. its a great OS and i need to dig in more.. ooh yeah just one scene.. i use that carbon fiber looking wallpaper. i DID change my lock screen to a custom photo... the locale thing sounds snazzy ,, may have to look into that...

14. zerotohero

zerotohero Member

I have 2 custom Scenes. Fun and Work.

I keep all my games and other distracting apps out of the work scene as they just tempt me to goof off.

I too have quite a few blank pages on both scenes though.

15. mamiamjo

mamiamjo Well-Known Member

I have two scenes so far one for home and one for work.

16. romeosidvicious

romeosidvicious Well-Known Member

I have three scenes going. One for work, one for home/normal evenings, and one for evenings out. What I would like is a way to switch themes based on time and/or location. Maybe a Locale plugin or hell just built in functionality.

17. quentinfisher

quentinfisher Well-Known Member

Agreed 100% romeo, a app that changes your scene based on day of the week/time would be great or even a timer would, but switching manually isn't too lengthy of a process so I can't complain too much. And same here nathanotis, walking around campus texting on this thing the first day i got it was like feeding time for all the tech people at my school lol a professor even offered to trade me his iphone for it lol! I guess everyone's getting into the Hero :)

18. evopanop

evopanop New Member

I'm using my own custom scene currently..

On the main page, I have the clock widget that has the weather on it, a folder for my most-used Apps, a folder for my most-used Games, and then at the bottom row I've got People, Browser, Camera, and Voicemail.

One page to the right is my full-page email widget, then the next page to the right is the full-page messages widget, then the last page to the right is the full-page picture album widget.

One page to the left of my home page is the People widget setup with all my most-used contacts, then the next page to the left has my half-page facebook widget on top and my half-page music widget on the bottom, then the last page to the left has my full-page bookmarks widget.

I'm also using the FlyScreen replacement lock screen to display my text messages, calendar, and facebook updates. I emailed the FlyScreen team to see if they are going to be adding an email widget. I'd love to be able to see my emails on my lock screen. :)

I'd say I'm using my Hero to it's full extent, lol.

19. koolhand79

koolhand79 Well-Known Member

one scene here. i havent even filled all 7 screens

20. HardKore

HardKore Active Member

Locale looks awsome but, I to my understanding it a resource hog and IMO I don't think it's worth the battery drain. If it had no or little affect on battery life I would use it 110% of the time just for the heck of it.

21. Fake Name

Fake Name Well-Known Member

Me three, and I only use about 3 pages, I only few apps on the screen...

And I'd rather have more than enough, than less than needed. Thats why I bought 1Tb external hardrive...so I would run out of space :D

22. phone*guy

phone*guy Well-Known Member

1 custom scene with 5 screens filled for me

23. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Why not try it out and see for yourself? It runs here constantly and barely dents the battery 'cos I rely mostly on cell fixes rather than GPS. That, and the time/power condition scheduling makes it really handy. It doesn't have the ability to change scenes though. Unless it's possible to create a shortcut to a particular scene? If so there's a plug-in for Locale that will run shortcuts when specific conditions are met.

What would really please me is if apps regained the ability to enable/disable GPS. There's an app called Wiggle which does much the same thing as Locale but uses wi-fi APs to determine location. If these two could only interact.... :cool:

24. romeosidvicious

romeosidvicious Well-Known Member

Since I get NO lock on anything at all while at work I use the time based options and have location turned off. I can't speak to battery life because I have mine plugged in all day or in airplane mode. I work in a basement and am still working on getting the Sprint access point. Unfortunately I can't speak to battery life on much of anything because of this. However at home, on the weekends, my battery seems fine with locale running. If you use time based options I think the battery drain wouldn't be noticeable.

25. abourne

abourne Well-Known Member

I'm only using one.

While I've seen most of Rob's HTC videos and there's a lot of hype about the scenes, I pretty much classify myself as being in the play scene 24/7. No need to switch into different personalities or become bi-polar and adjust the phone as such.

I suppose I do have another scene in my life, but that's a scene I pretty much don't put on my phone. In fact, I usually have my phone turned off when in that scene.