• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How many of us are still on our ORIGINAL EVO?

Are you still using your first EVO?

• Total voters
Still on my original one as well

I have 2 pre-ordered HDW 003 Evos.. but mine is gettign swapped out Monday. It's having re-boot fits.

Perhaps this is due to the ROM you are running? Whenever I switch between fresh and baked snack, there is a period of 10 to 20 minutes of constant reboot.

Not exactly sure what is causing this, but happens every time I change between these 2 ROMS.

Upvote 0
I have two EVO's I bought two weeks after launch and both are still perfect.

I am still using my Google I/O Evo activated on 5/21/10...I still have my original Evo
My husband got my preordered Evo on 6/4/10 ...He still has the original
My youngest son got an Evo on 6/30/10...He still his original one

Family of 4...3 evos...My oldest son works for ATT so he rocks an Iphone4
Please give your oldest son our deepest condolences. It must be terrible to have so many dropped calls and such a teeny tiny screen! Oh ... and the restrictions Apple imposes on it's devices. JK

I'm on my first Evo but I've only had it for 2 months.
A beautiful phone in the hands of a beautiful young woman... that's classy! Good luck with your new phone, I'm sure it will serve you well!

Still on my launch day Evo and still LOVIN' IT!!
Yep, me too!

Still got my launch day Evo, but I need to replace it as soon as 4G is "officially" announced in Denver. Somewhere along the way I flashed a bad wimax radio & lost my 4G.
There's an easy fix for that. Download and install the latest ruu update from htc/sprint and it will flash the newest radios at the same time. If you are rooted then you can install radios independently or ones included with custom roms. Not a problem with the phone, I would say that user error caused your 4G issue.

I have 2 pre-ordered HDW 003 Evos.. but mine is gettign swapped out Monday. It's having re-boot fits.
No need to swap your phone. It's not going to solve the problem as the new phone will reboot also. There are a few things that cause this: low memory, phone/battery temperature, adobe flash using a lot of memory depending on the website. Try seting your browser to "on demand" for flash content. Find the apps hogging up your memory and sort that out. Weak signal can also cause rebooting due to the phone getting too warm. I'ts a safety feature. And last, if you rotted and flashed a custom rom, something didn't go well with the flash and that is concidered user error, not a malfunction with the phone itself. Mabe you should flash the brand new htc ruu update and start from a fresh install.

On my fourth Evo and just started random reboots.
Read my above comment.

Upvote 0
Originally had one on launch but on a separate brand new line just to test for 30 days. That was hardware 2. I probably wouldve had to exchange it cause it had light leakage and slight screen lift on the bottom. Luckily it was just for a 30 day trial for me and returned it before the 30th day. Decided i liked the phone so upgraded my original line (tp2) to Evo end of june and have had that one since. No issue yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones