• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How many of us are still on our ORIGINAL EVO?

Are you still using your first EVO?

• Total voters
Still on launch day, version 003 but I am having reboot problems now, so I will have to get it replaced.
I just got mine replaced for the same issue, got another 003. My refurb seems to have been a screen replacement because the light leakage along the bottom edge of the screen is pretty gnarley and I have a well placed spec of dust under the screen. My TPU cover hides the light leakage and I don't notice the dust unless the screen is all black and backlit.

I'm just happy to not have the rebooting problem any more.

Upvote 0
Sadly I have to retract my vote as still having my orig Evo... Over time it started taking longer and longer to boot up, to load pages, videos, anything. Then it started rebooting randomly, then back to back reboots, and after about a week or 2, boot loop cycles. Boot all the way to the home screen (taking 3-5 minutes) and reset, over and over till Id pull the battery. Pulled the SD card, and reloaded several times, cleared the cache, or whatev through the boot loader menu, everything. After taking it to BB (where I got it) they told me it would take 2+ weeks turn around, and the loaner didnt have GPS (which I NEED for work) so that was a no go, went to a Sprint service center, and the tech was certain my internal memory was failing/corrupt. Same thing the guy at BB said.

Anyways, even though I have BB insurance, Sprint said they understood I need my GPS for work, and for $35 had another phone there ready and waiting for me by NOON the NEXT day. +1 Sprint, that saved my week. It WAS a refurb, but, had only like 200 lifetime calls on it, which is a small fraction of what I had. It boots in under 60 seconds or so, and the sound quality seems to be alot better, speaker phone and earpiece. It was a 03 ver I had since June. Was a hardware defect for sure, not user error. Still totally happy with my phone, and REALLY happy with Sprints customer service even though I didnt have their insurance, or even buy the phone through them!

Upvote 0
I had to return mine within the 30 day period at Best Buy because of port issues and not being able to connect. I've had the replacement ever since.

I will say though that it could have been a faulty USB cord because I started having connection issues again with the HTC provided USB-cable & power connector combo. I bought a different USB cable from walmart and haven't had any Evo to computer connections since.

Upvote 0
I still have my original which was purchased a couple of weeks after launch. The software updates fixed most of the glitches in my EVO (e.g. screen sensitivity issues, etc).

However, a few weeks ago I started experiencing random reboots. A hard reset seems to have fixed the problem, but only time will tell. I may have to change my vote, if the random reboots returns.

Upvote 0
I didn't get mine till a while after launch day because of a local shortage but I am still on my original.

As soon as I got it I put an Otterbox case on it with a Crystal screen protector.

I've not had any of the problems I see people complaining about. No screen separation (like I had bad on my Touch Pro). There's no light leakage unless I look at it from a ridiculous angle from the top.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones