How many of you are switching from a BB to the Droid

Last Updated:

1. rich-

rich- Member This Topic's Starter

I know I am switching over, but curious to see how many crackberry users are switching over as well.

Advertisement
  2. sunking

sunking Active Member

Blackberry Storm user that will be switching over to the Droid tomorrow morning. I've been a Blackberry user for about 4 years now and the Storm is not a bad device but there is so much more that the Droid can do.

3. Arsonman

Arsonman Well-Known Member

I will be switching from the Storm. It was my first Blackberry and it was a great unit. I will be getting the Driod soon. I hope tomorrow, but I may have to wait till Saturday, if there are any left. LOL

4. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

I'll be switching over from a BB as well, though it probably won't be for a few weeks.

5. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

switching from a curve.. cannot stand the web browser and something that doesnt go off every 2 seconds from email. my curve is just a lagfest 24/7

6. briankeith513

briankeith513 Well-Known Member

I'm a long time blackberry user, and after having the Droid since 11/3/09, I'm hooked, but I will probably switch back and forth.

7. Redbird1

Redbird1 Well-Known Member

I'm coming over from the Storm1.......In about 22 hours!

8. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Pearl user (2 years now) switching to the Droid.

My original plan was to go to the Storm 2, but didn't care for the surepress screen or the general lack of "wow."

So big form factor change for me - though when I played w/a Droid yesterday I was pleased that it didn't feel too big at all.

If this switch goes well for me, my wife might switch from her Pearl to an Android 2.0 phone in the future. But right now she gets free BES from her company, and that is something she's not sure she wants to give up, even for the Droid's email/contacts/calendar Exchange sync (she loses Tasks and Notes sync).

9. fortworthbret

fortworthbret Well-Known Member

I'm switching from a Curve to the Droid in 13 hours or so.

I'm swapping the wife's Pearl for a Eris as well.

10. aznxjz

aznxjz New Member

WinMo (HTC Touch) user for over a year, then recently switched to the Tour in the last month. BBos is very slow and boring. It's a good thing the Droid is coming out within 30 days of my Tour purchase

11. Hellspawn

Hellspawn Member

Im switching from a storm 1 to a droid, I like "customizing" *cough rooting/hacking* my phones and I cant wait for an android.

12. CrunchSA

CrunchSA Member

Coming from a Curve on AT&T, and SOOO looking forward to it.

13. CSSVT

CSSVT Member

I'm going to play with it in the store and make a decision but I'm 99% sure I will be switching from BB Storm to Droid.

My problem with RIM is that I'm now on my 4th storm and am in need of a 5th...had I not checked the quality of the 4th in store before accepting it I'd be on about my 7th or 8th. The quality control on the thing is just overall awful.

Unfortunately, due to my contract I'll have to get hooked-up by one of my Verizon contacts...it's sad that I'm handcuffed to this horribly shotty device thanks to my contract but that's the way of the biz I guess.

14. nicallen63

nicallen63 Well-Known Member

Im switching from a Tour to the Droid, and am beyond excited about it.

15. dcorn

dcorn Well-Known Member

I'm about 97.6% sure I'll be switching from my 8900 on AT&T to a Droid. Because of car issues, I don't have the dough tomorrow to buy a new phone and pay a $100+ ETF, so I'll probably wait a week or so, check out the phone a few times, then get one once i'm fully ready. My gf is going from her 8330 to the Droid for sure, although I'll have her look at the Eris as well.

16. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

switching from bb storm.....as soon as i get the Moto in my hand i have a 5lb sledge hammer going to give a kiss to the bb storm peace of #!@%.... Will never trust my wife's words on a cell phone again...

17. mazz0310

mazz0310 Well-Known Member

I am, I've been happy with the storm but at the same time can't wait to get rid of it. I'm looking forward to Android

18. Froid

Froid Well-Known Member

Storm 1 user moving to the Droid. I've had no major issues with my Storm, but it's time to move on. RIM is getting left behind.

19. Teufel Hunden

Teufel Hunden Active Member

Had the storm and had nothing but problems with it. Got the Tour (for free, thanks VZW) after 5 replacement Storms. Now my Tour's trackball doesn't scroll any which way.
    The only thing I will miss is BBM.
    Things I wont miss would be hmmmmm... Having a phone that works like it's supposed to.
    Please, Motorola don't prove me wrong

20. netinfiniti

netinfiniti New Member

Longtime BB User (6+ years) swictiching over from a BB Curve

21. pizz1000

pizz1000 Active Member

Moving over from a Storm 1. The browser alone is going to be worth it.

22. wsbsteven

wsbsteven Well-Known Member

Switching from pearl 8130 and I've been a BB user for over 4 years. Will be picking up the Moto Droid.

23. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

damn curve is driving me nuts.. slows down for no reason. facebook is destroying this phone, it lags just typing text messages. I had absolutely no need for a blackberry and cant wait til december so i can use my annual upgrade

24. jmhatz

jmhatz Member

I've had 8830, 8130, 8330, storm 1 and tour and currently I'm switching from the tour to the Droid...poor, poor timing on the release...Wish I didn't get the tour nowww! Still love it though...kinda.

25. EyeOfYourMind84

EyeOfYourMind84 Member

I've had the Pearl for more than two years and was ready to get the Storm 2 since I heard it would be better than the Storm (which isn't hard...) until I heard about the Droid.

This is probably the quickest Phone-related decision I've ever made...