How many of you have owned an Apple device?

1. johnnyolivares

johnnyolivares Well-Known Member

I'm curious to know, how many of you have owned one?

I regret to inform you guys that I have. Yes sir, I bought an iPhony when they first came out back in 08 I believe. What can I say? I was 14, young and naive, I wanted to be in with the crowd. But I have seen the error of my ways! Android all the way!

Advertisement
  2. annebrooks64

annebrooks64 Well-Known Member

I've got an iPod touch buried in the house somewhere. Haven't used it for more than a year now. I jailbroke it and decided it was still a piece of junk!!
  3. unnamedny

unnamedny Well-Known Member

I had an iPod mini when it used to look like a flash drive. I had to hack it so I can get rid of itunes. I never got the idea of iTunes, I always loved the idea of drag and drop.
  4. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior Guide

1. iPod Touch 4th Gen (found on sidewalk)
    2. iPad 2nd Gen
    3. iPad 3rd Gen
    Well everything is jailbroken
    When I wanted a tablet the iPad was the best on the market so I just stuck with it & still the only other suitable option for my preference right now is the Nexus 10
  5. dubtee

dubtee Well-Known Member

Ipod touch 8gb 1st gen
    IPod touch 32gb 4th gen
    IPad 1st gen 3g 32gb
    I may not love everything about iOS but apple changed the tech landscape with the iPhone/iPod touch.apple single handedly brought cellphones out of the stone age.
  6. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

First gen iPod touch. Never touched another iAnything
  7. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Really not a Motion 4G subject.

Want this in the Lounge?
    blaze420916 likes this.
  8. trigger1074

trigger1074 Well-Known Member

ewww I dont even let my kids put iTunes on my computer for their iPods
  9. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Moved to the Lounge, let's see how long it lasts.
    kct1975, damewolf13, IOWA and 2 others like this.
  10. javasirc

javasirc Well-Known Member

My first pda/smart device was iPod 4th gen. It had a bug where it kept disconnecting from Wifi randomly, and the screen was unusable when charging. The frustration of disconnecting from Wifi led to its destruction.

Regardless of the issues mine had, i absolutely loved it. I would have bought the iPad Mini if the price wasnt as high as it is.
  11. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

I almost got an iPhone once... Then I saw the HTC Inspire. :)
  12. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

Well at least you saw the light bruizer!! :)

COME now!

Don't be a wimp!

[​IMG]
  13. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

An old iPod Classic 6th gen that was an 80 GB that I swapped the dead hard drive out for 120 GB one because it was cheaper to replace (surprising that an Apple product had no problem with that).

Its mainly used in my car since my car radio integrates much better with iDevices and as an external hard drive.

I used to own an iPod Video 30 GB (which I gave to my grandfather) and an iPod Touch 2G (which I gave to my mother, before Verizon had iPhones). I was iDevice-less for almost 2 years, until my friend gave me his "dead" 6th gen Classic which I fixed.

I might be getting a MacBook Pro from my university next year as well as a lease system. I've never used Mac OSX before, so that will be interesting. I will run Windows 8 in a virtual machine or in Bootcamp, so I won't worry about that.
  14. Seanette

Seanette Well-Known Member

I have two iPods, a Nano that serves as a music player in the bedroom (I need music to sleep), and a Touch that I mostly use for the Kakuro Calc app these days (it used to be my music player/calendar/e-reader/game device/etc.). If I could find an Android replacement for the Kakuro Calc app, I'd use that. Both iPods are at least a version or two back, which is OK with me. They do what I want them to.

My husband insists on using a Mac as his desktop computer.
  15. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

Never. Anything that needed certain software was verboten. I bought the Sandisk Sansa since you could bypass all the extra junk that their install program wanted to install. You dragged and dropped to the SD card.
  16. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I have a Nano, was a 1st Gen, but I turned it in for the battery recall and got a new one. Eh. It's in my wife's car plugged into the aux in port.
  17. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

I had an iPod nano back in '06. Used it for a while and then really began to hate iTunes so uninstalled it but still used the nano w/the tunes that were on it. It started to die, wouldn't stay charged so I just gave up on it all together. I gave Apple a shot and hated it, almost immediately. Somewhere along the way I realized that the Apple/iTunes way was not my way. I think I probably actually only really used iTunes for less than a year and the nano itself for about two.
  18. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

I still have my iPod video 30 gig and my first smartphone was the iphony 3G
  19. johnnyolivares

Thanks.
  20. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

iPod 5th gen 80GB with Rockbox, NOT Apple software. Was my primary MP3 player for a long time. Still gets occasional use as a USB hard drive.

2007 Macbook Pro (deceased). My first and last Apple computer.
    Also had the original iPhone, jailbroken and unlocked.
  21. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

No Apple device but I do have an '05 Mini Mac I still use as my HTPC connected to my HDTV. I used to rip movies to watch and listen to music wirelessly.
  22. jhtalisman

jhtalisman Well-Known Member Contributor

I won't even allow Apple products in my house.
    kct1975 likes this.
  23. johnnyolivares

Rock box?
  24. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Not even once.
  25. johnnyolivares