How many of you have owned an Apple device?

Last Updated:

1. chris4x4

chris4x4 Well-Known Member

I think we have about 4 Ipods. 1 in each vehicle, and 1 in the bedroom stereo. Other than those, everything else is either PC, or Android.

Advertisement
  2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I bought the iPhone the day it came out. Then I had an iPhone 3GS before I switched to Android with the original Droid.

I currently have an iPad 2 which I am hoping to upgrade to a Nexus 10 after the holidays (I've been waiting a while to upgrade and now that there is finally a 10 inch Nexus I can)
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Rockbox - Free Music Player Firmware
    Rockbox is a free replacement firmware for digital music players. It runs on a wide range of players.

It certainly freed my iPod from the chains of iTunes. In fact I bought the iPod 5th gen so I could use Rockbox.
  4. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

IPod - gen4 i think. Its a little square. I use it at the gym.
    iPad2
    An old Mac that my former workplace let me have.
  5. TheAmazingDave

TheAmazingDave Well-Known Member

Really?

'Cuz I had my first Smartphone way before Apple figured out how to fool the phone industry too.

Kyocera 6035 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  6. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Got two MacBook pros one 13" base model my mom now has and a souped up base model 15" in which I upgraded the ram to 8gb and installed a 256mb ssd crucial m4 drive. Also have an apple TV second Gen. A first Gen ipad that gets passed around between my sister and mom. I had an iPod touch that really got under my skin. I went to upload a new CD to the device and since I moved the drive my iTunes stored my music to, the stupid program erased my music on the device but left the database! There was no need for it to do so! Totally uncalled for. Stupidest system I have ever seen. I don't thin I will own another iPod and due to this, it makes it very hard for me to chose an iPhone.
  7. Adauth

Adauth Well-Known Member

3gs back in the day until I met android.
  8. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Just bought a pair of the new ear buds, first Apple purchase ever. Actually really like em, and at a decent price.
    Apple's products are gorgeous. Their new iMac is beautiful. Can I ever afford them? NO! My cheap laptop and Chromebook do all I need to do for computing. My phone can stream music, make phone calls and has all the apps I need. (and has a slightly larger screen ;)).
  9. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

I bought an iPod Nano for my wife, so she can listen to her music collection without having to turn on her computer. Never liked iTunes. It seems to take a long time to do anything and you have to wait when ejecting.

She got an iPhone 4S recently. I was pretty frustrated with it trying to move her contacts over from her old Galaxy Q. Moving her old ring tone was even more frustrating. I put her music on it since her iPod was dying. I had some difficulty syncing her music. It seems some new songs I put on her phone wasn't playing. They don't show up in her song list. I ended up having to make a playlist that included all songs before it could play all of her songs. Never figured out why some songs were missing.
  10. wyndslash

wyndslash Well-Known Member

I have an iPod touch. it may be the only Apple product that has really captured my heart and made sense to me.
  11. johnnyolivares

johnnyolivares Well-Known Member

Yeah, from what I've seen its the best music player. And I wouldn't mind owning one.
  12. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

I regret that in my high school and early college days, I bought into the Apple hype. I had a 1st gen iPod mini and a first gen iPod touch. Never was able to get an iphone due to being on Verizon my whole life. The Samsung Fascinate (Verizon GS1) was my first adventure into android and I haven't looked back since. I won't consider buying an apple ever again as long as android sticks to it's principles, and apple doesn't evolve from theirs.
  13. Biaviian

Biaviian Well-Known Member

I've had every iPhone except for the 5 and every iPad except for the latest (or the mini). When they went to the new size of the 5 I knew it was time to jump ship because I can't stand the shape. I also can't stand the OS unless I can customize it via a jailbreak and since one hasn't' been released for the 4s, on the latest OS, I can't update to the latest OS. Also the maps was a dismal failure and I can't make the Google maps the default without a jailbreak. So basically between the new OS and the iPhone 5 they made an Android lover out of me.

I also have 3 Apple TVs that I use.
  14. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Hmm you've got me curious. What do you get out of the Apple TV? I never really bought into that hype, with Google/Apple TV. Perhaps it's because I have my PC hooked up to my TV.

IDK. What do you use your Apple TV's for?
  15. Biaviian

Biaviian Well-Known Member

I only use it to stream video to my TVs. You can also use it for Netflix and several other streaming services, including MLB (or NBA) I believe.
  16. zoxxo

zoxxo Well-Known Member

1- iPod photo 30Gb
    2 - iPod classics - 60Gb
    2 - iPod classics - 160Gb
    1 - iPod Touch 1G - 16Gb
    1 - iPod Touch 4G - 64Gb
    1 - iPod Nano 2G - 8Gb
    1 - iPod Nano 3G - 8Gb
    1 - iPod Nano 4G - 16Gb
    1 - iPod Nano 6G - 16Gb (got free when I turned in a 1G Nano through
    Apple's defect trade-in program)

I sort of collect 'em. As music players they work great. I have one of the 160's in the car that just streams randomly all the time.

I bought the 4G touch because I was curious about Apple's latest offerings and because I couldn't bring myself to buy an iPhone.

One of the biggest reasons I have the larger classics is because they can hold my entire music collection. Something that Android hasn't come close to doing.

Hell, I even have a couple of Zune classics lying around somewhere...
  17. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

My first smartphone was an iPhone 3Gs. Android was just starting out and looked like it was getting ready to take off, but wasn't quite where I was wanting it in terms of polish and app availability yet. I also looked at the Palm Pre, nice hardware and software, but such a tiny app selection! So went iPhone. Then, a year later, ETF'd my AT&T contract and moved to Verizon so I could get a Droid X, best move ever! Still have my iPhone, it's on a dock in the bedroom, I use it as a clock and a background noise machine for when I'm going to sleep, and that's all it does anymore! Oh, I guess occasionally Pandora, but that's pretty rare.
  18. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

I've got an iPod touch, 1st gen.

It rocks out in my truck. My Alpine head unit can control the iPod from the unit interface, I really like that. Other than that, It's a glorified usb storage device for my music.

When I ganked it from my friend, it was hailed as the magic music box. I had a Nextel i530 back then. :p
  19. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

That's a gen3 nano, BB ... same one I have. They are just the right size, IMO. The later ones are clumsy.
  20. Chex Remix

Chex Remix Well-Known Member

My family seems to have some obsession with Apple. My sister and my dad both own iPhones (though my dad only uses his as a secondary phone to his Photon) and my mom owns an iPad 1. It's not terrible but I'm trying to advise her to get an Android tablet instead of upgrading to a Mini or 4th gen.
  21. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

I had an old iPod Classic 160GB ages ago, but I took a sledgehammer to it and bought a Zune HD 64GB. Best decision I ever made.
  22. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

I can honestly say that I have never been tempted by an I-anything, but my daughter got one of those really tiny I-pods for Christmas, when she was a sophmore in HS.
  23. KENNECTED

KENNECTED Well-Known Member

I have the first generation iPod. I had a Treo back then, and preferred to have my music separate from my smartphone.
  24. B2L

B2L Well-Known Member

I actually just bought a 4th gen iPad and a 5th gen iPod Touch for my wife. I'm going to see how I like it for a few weeks, if it doesn't work out; I'll sell it and buy a Nexus 10. I couldn't bring myself to buy a Nexus 10 first, because feature rich tablet apps just aren't there yet.

Other than that, I haven't owned an iDevice since my 1st gen iPod Touch. (Which was stolen a few years back.)
  25. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Hacking this one, but check out Roku boxes as well. We use it for Netflix/Amazon among many other channels to watch TV since we don't have cable. It's great and very affordable. No browser or YouTube, but we just use the pc for that.