How Many Of You Will Be Cutting Off The Silly USB Charging Cover?General

Micro USB charging cover...To be or not to be?

1. It's coming off...Too big a pain to put in and out

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. I'm leaving it...It may protect the charging port and it looks "cleaner" with it on

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

With the frequency with which these smartphones (all of them, not just the DNA) need to be recharged it seems like the small plastic cover over the usb charging port is really just a needless annoyance.

I'm thinking that I may just pull this out as soon as I get my DNA on Wed. Wondering what you guys are going to do with this.

Advertisement
  2. zenman

zenman Well-Known Member

I'm going to leave it on because I'll be getting a wireless charging base, probably the nexus orb when it comes out.
  3. stkorn97

stkorn97 Well-Known Member

Yeah, gonna look into wireless charging also.
  4. TangledThorns

TangledThorns Well-Known Member

My LG Dare had a similar cover so its not a big deal for me. I'll look into wireless charging for I won't pay more than $15 for one.
  5. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

6. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Where is the I'm still undecided because I am unsure on how I feel and waiting on the right time for it to bug me option? Lol

I don't know what I'll do with it yet, how to play with it in person first, would prefer it to be without, but I don't want to hurt my new baby.
  7. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Since I sell each phone to offset the cost of the next one each time, I will be leaving it on, to maintain its value. Also I might go wireless charging, at which point having the cover is nice, cleans up the lines, and protects from dirt, dust, and moisture.
    Wolfedude88 likes this.
  8. TangledThorns

TangledThorns Well-Known Member

Anybody know of any good wireless chargers for a decent price? I see different ones on Amazon.
  9. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

The two cheapest options i have seen so far is the LG one on amazon (~$34 + $5 shipping) and the Nokia one from Verizon for $37.50 (Although that is with a 25% discount for me).
  10. Skipdawg

Skipdawg Well-Known Member

Will wait and see if it annoys me. :)