How many other Incredibles have you seen in public?General

Last Updated:

1. jayefef

jayefef Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So we've had these "DROID Incredibles by HTC" for about 3 weeks (or a month if you got yours early). WE forum stalkers knew about this phone for months before it was released so we were early adopters of it.

Some of you gripe or question the Verizon marketing machine by not making it visible on TV (until recently) or other ads meaning the general public has no idea that this phone is out there.

I have not run into anyone else with this phone yet. Not co-workers, not people on the street, not at a coffee shop etc. I like being the only one of the block with this shiny new toy. I have had a few folks ask about it and I felt like salesperson telling them all about it. [folks: "what is that a phone?" me: "yeah. its the new DROID Incredible. It has this, this and this, etc.]

The Incredible is very cool and still a novelty at this point. Its not to the point where everyone and their dogs has a Blackberry or an iPhone.

Have you seen other Incredibles/Incredible users out and about?

Advertisement
  2. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy Well-Known Member

I've only seen one, and they were an employee with VZW I know. I do know that the VZW stores are really pushing the device.

Personally I think their marketing was genius. By the sound of it, they can't keep enough of them in stock.

3. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

a well known fact is that the incredible is on backorder because of the screen for it not being available. i truly believe this phone wont be a BIG seller. I hope they get the screens so that it can be a big seller...
    but either way, im glad i got mine!! (only child syndrome) :D

4. Agronis

Agronis Well-Known Member

I was at the premier for Iron Man 2 at a local theatre called "The Hippodrome".. 72" Screen..

Anyhoo.. Three guys behind me all had an incredible, and I didn't realize it til I overheard them.. I turned around and waved mine around for a bit.. we all smiled in dork-like excitement.

I've come across people who recognize my phone, but otherwise no other Incredible owners..

5. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy Well-Known Member

Well they did have 150,000 before the release date, so we know they sold that many in a couple of weeks.

6. AHanks12

AHanks12 Well-Known Member

I've seen a grand total of............0!!

7. ikediggety

ikediggety Well-Known Member

I work at a hotel, and we had a meeting planner come through recently that had one. She was a very nice lady but not a very techy type, so I wound up being her "droid concierge" for about five minutes.

Only other one besides mine I've seen in the wild. I have heard lots of people talking about it, though. It has more mindshare than marketshare at this point. (did I say that right?)

8. sontaikle

sontaikle Well-Known Member

None.

Because of the case I've had for mine, it kind of looks like an iPhone with a VZW logo at a glance. I've had people think it's a VZW iPhone...

9. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

A friend of a friend had one when we went to the movies last week, but he's a technofile and has service through 3 providers with like 8 different phones, so I think he got it more to try it out and play with it for a few weeks than to use it as his primary

10. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

nope none here either. Not surprised though really. i am the tech geek with most my friends other the the iphone people

11. johnofcross

johnofcross Member

Same here. And they all hate me for having an Android... But other than people on my plan, I've not seen this device anywhere else, after seeing the line they had at Best Buy on launch day

12. PittFan

PittFan Well-Known Member

Besides VZW employees and my wife's, I've only seen one other

13. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

Iv'e seen a total of 2. I saw one of my customers with one yesterday and I talked a co-worker into returning her Eris and getting the DInc.

14. kkl1993

kkl1993 Well-Known Member

i have only seen one and it was a Verizon employee. Everyone is jealous of my DInc. , its so awesome.

15. This_Is_Kyle

This_Is_Kyle Well-Known Member

I haven't seen another one yet.

16. Sorbert

Sorbert Well-Known Member

Ive seen a grand total of 5 but they are people i told to get them and see them at least ever other day

17. jtcarnes

jtcarnes Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any others. I've got a couple of friends I've turned on to them who are waiting for them to come back in stock, though.

18. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

I was @ a concert and saw a girl with 1, she just didn't know what she had, lol...I told her to not let it out of her sight haha.

19. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

One at the bar. He and I are now Facebook friends, LOL.

20. Skipdawg

Skipdawg Well-Known Member

Just 2. One at a local Pub and a friend of mine pre-ordered when I did and has one. ;)

I like to go into the Verizon store and pull it out and ask about accessories. :D

21. malice

malice Well-Known Member

I saw one at a little local maritime hangout in Algiers on the Westbank.

22. sylent101

sylent101 Well-Known Member

Saw one and one only lol one of my customers she had a iPhone before now she looks even hotter with the incredible :D I've also seen about three nexus ones and a couple of droids

23. michaelkahl

michaelkahl Well-Known Member

2, my co-worker and his wife. Everyone who sees me with it is curious :)

24. Blotto

Blotto Member

Same here I haven't seen anyone else with one. I drive cab at a university and have it in the car mount for music and hands free calling. All kinds of people ask about it but nobody has one. Had only seen 3 other people with Droid's before so leads me to believe even college kids are out of the loop.

25. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

You will see at least two thirds less of what you should, since Verizon was cut at the knees in regards to supply, due to HTC and Samsung display production issues. No high volume shipment until mid June.