• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How Many People Are Gonna Get A Invisible Shield/Ghost Armor For Your Droid?

are you putting protection on your droid?

• Invisible Sheild, Ghost Armor, Etc.

Votes: 110 65.5%
  • Snap On Case, Leather Holster, Etc.

Votes: 41 24.4%
  • Keep It Bare With Nothing On It

Votes: 39 23.2%

• Total voters
With the Verizon case, the KB slides just fine, I just had a difficulty with the top row of keys because the case covers the 1/8" space above the top row of keys.

Does the body glove cover that 1/8" space above the top row of keys?

Yeah, I guess it does a lil bit. Doesn't hinder the process too much, but I do notice the diff after taking it off. I have the most trouble "U" and "I". I'm thinking it has to do w/ how far my right thumb has to come over b/c of the D-pad, but the Body Glove isn't really helping. Still, I'm getting along quite comfortably.

Upvote 0
I was convinced by the Verizon folks to put on the "Privacy Screen" so they did that for me however when I got to play with the phone I was like, this touch screen sucks! It took me a day to figure out that it was probably the privacy screen. To my astonishment I removed it very easily, it was not a glue based system and the glass was fine. The touch screen was now very responsive. I went to Best buy and got the Invisi Shield as I have had that on many products with good results.
The Invisi shield by Zagg does not cause any setbacks on the touch screen and I do not notice any degrade on the screen colors/view as a poster above has stated.

Upvote 0
I have ordered Invis Screen from Zagg. I do not have any place local to install it, so I will be doing this myself. How does it look when done and "cured"? I don't want to detract from the look of the phone, but I do want the protection. Please advise those that have Zagg invis shield ON their Droid now!

Upvote 0
i heard the Zagg invisible shield doesnt even cover up the bezel of the screen...meanwhile if you drop the phone thats the first part to get scratched....mind boggling
Yeah it covers the screen not the bezel, hence screen protector.
I dont know about the whole body armor thing as I have not read about it or if Zagg has a similar product to cover the whole droid.

Actually Zagg has full body cover - http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/motorola-droid-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

Upvote 0
I've always had an Invisible Shield waiting for my devices when they arrived. I think that I may go naked this time. I had one on my BB Storm. It kind of yellowed after a while. I had the full body shield, and recently got the Noreve case, which bubbled the side armor. I removed the side pieces.

On my iPod touch, I had the full body protector as well, and something hit the screen apparently, it looked like a rock ding almost on a windshield. Couldn't get the divot out of the Invisible Shield. It was very difficult to remove the Invisible Shield from the touch but it did come off, and the screen was spotless.

I'm really torn about the protector.

Upvote 0
I have the invisible shield on my iTouch and it is amazing.. At first you feel some of the resistance some have mentioned but over time that isn't even noticable... Now, people don't even believe I have anything on the glass. I have carried that in my pocket for six months and not one scratch on the shield.. I bought the invisible shield at BB today but I had heard that it messes up the touch on the DROID. thats why I looked up this forum..
BTW, BB wanted $29.99 for just the screen protection NOT the full body.. I laughed at the guy and on my droid pulled up the ZAGG Website and showed that ZAGG was getting $14.99 for the screen protection.. he matched it..
I have not put it on the DROID yet.. guess I'll try it..

Upvote 0
Zagg... I feel too paranoid otherwise.

BTW, BB wanted $29.99 for just the screen protection NOT the full body.. I laughed at the guy and on my droid pulled up the ZAGG Website and showed that ZAGG was getting $14.99 for the screen protection.. he matched it..
With our employee discount at BB (wholesale cost + 5%) the Zagg shield is $5 ;) That's a ridiculous profit margin... cables are even worse (USB, HDMI, etc.)

Upvote 0
I had the Zagg Invisible Shield for my LG Dare...loved it...

picked up the Invisible Shield strictly for the touch screen for $10 yesterday from a kiosk at 1 of the malls here in vegas...took me less then 5 minutes to install...and loving it once again...:D

gotta love that the invisible shield is life time warranty against stratches, scuffs, peeling...if that ever happens zagg will replace it without any questions free of charge...

Upvote 0
Zagg... I feel too paranoid otherwise.

With our employee discount at BB (wholesale cost + 5%) the Zagg shield is $5 ;) That's a ridiculous profit margin... cables are even worse (USB, HDMI, etc.)

wow.. I didn't realize it was that good a margin! I used to sell at Circut City MANY years ago.. I think the game is still the same when they insist you buy accessorres!! accessories !!accessories!! The more the better for them..
Is the mark up on video games still great too?? Thats why they will bring the game consoles way down.. the money is made on the games.. they were in excess of 100% markup..

Upvote 0
I have the invisible shield on my iTouch and it is amazing.. At first you feel some of the resistance some have mentioned but over time that isn't even noticable... Now, people don't even believe I have anything on the glass. I have carried that in my pocket for six months and not one scratch on the shield.. I bought the invisible shield at BB today but I had heard that it messes up the touch on the DROID. thats why I looked up this forum..

Bought the Droid and the ZAGG Shield at Best Buy. BB installed the shield as i do not have a steady hand. I gave the thing 24 hours to dry but it was wrinkled. Brought it back and BB applied a new one. The tech had problems getting it on without wrinkles. Took a total of 4 shields and two different techs to get one to work. Don't recommend doing it yourself.

Upvote 0
I got a 3M shield on eBay, same material as the Zagg or any other ones. Only 9.99 with free shipping.

Was it ClearFreaks?

Mine came in today. The install was pretty simple and straightforward. They included 4 pieces for the back, and the front screen protector. Everything about it is just like the Zagg I had on my Tour. Should take 24-48 hours for all the micro bubbles to get gone.

One thing though, the front is a little too long. It has to wrap over the bottom metal lip a bit. I'll see how it turns out once it's fully dry. Right now, it's bothering me a little bit.

The greatest advantage of having a screen protector I noticed so far is the my fingers glide on the screen a lot easier than over the glass, haha.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones