• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How many people got 2.0.1? Vote when you get it.

Do you have 2.0.1?

• Total voters
I did get it last night(12.7.09), not sure exactly when but noticed at midnight when I woke up. i'm in 805 area code 93402 zip day one purchase.

I wanted to add I haven't noticed too much difference, except the camera is much faster than before. I cant comment on the quality of the pictures but the speed is much improved.

Upvote 0
This whole "we're gonna give it to random people one at a time" thing is really stupid, so I just went ahead and did the force update method, which took all of two and a half minutes.

To be honest, I made a joke about this but it was kind of irritating. If this update makes service better, shouldn't those who were not *chosen* get a discount on their bill? How was the decision made who got it and who didn't? When I went to my status, it told me "Your system is currently up to date". That was a lie. So THANK YOU to those who made it possible to get an updated phone since those I am paying big bucks to didn't deem me "worthy". :D

Upvote 0
force updated. still paying around the updated widgets look pretty nice. lock screen wish it would have stayed the same. camera seems a little faster, same with the phone. was having issues getting gps to get my location last few days. seems to find the sats faster now too. then again I just updated and rooted 10 mins ago. I'll repost in a week with how it actually was.

Upvote 0
You have NO idea what a bad update can be.

We do updates to our cable boxes to employees first, so that we can find any potential show stopper bugs.

Once we didn't. And it caused us about 3 weeks of excess truck rolls (read as $$$), and customer aggravation, and wasted time by the poor shmucks (me) in the field.

It's SMART to do test roll outs first. And as Vzn can't be sure to get enough of a test pool with employees, I can see random sampling as a solution.

There are probably better solutions.

Think of what you would be saying if this was like the iPhone 3.0(?) roll out where ppls phones would just DIE. You'd be GLAD you hadn't updated yet.

;)

Upvote 0
You have NO idea what a bad update can be.

We do updates to our cable boxes to employees first, so that we can find any potential show stopper bugs.

Once we didn't. And it caused us about 3 weeks of excess truck rolls (read as $$$), and customer aggravation, and wasted time by the poor shmucks (me) in the field.

It's SMART to do test roll outs first. And as Vzn can't be sure to get enough of a test pool with employees, I can see random sampling as a solution.

There are probably better solutions.

Think of what you would be saying if this was like the iPhone 3.0(?) roll out where ppls phones would just DIE. You'd be GLAD you hadn't updated yet.

;)

All true. That's why I waited to make sure the guinea pigs didn't *die* before I updated my phone. :)

Upvote 0
The "no" option reminded me of this:

historyeraserbutton.jpg

Upvote 0
People are good at following directions.

They are. What you see here is a clash of two things...

1) people who vote for the second option because it was funny. The wording alone made it funny. A lot of people vote for stuff that makes no sense just for that reason.

2) People who have absolutely no sense of humor and think the people voting for the second one are doing so just because they are idiots.

If you are the latter, then the joke is on you, my friend. ;)

I think the second option should be for those who have already rooted their phones. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones