landovr Well-Known Member

Just wondering how many, if any, have a Telus DHD

I do!!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Celtyc

Celtyc Active Member

+1

Good phone, hopefully they release 2.3 soon!
  3. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Well-Known Member

Me as well, out of Montreal. Absolutely love the phone. I am a little bit torn on if I will update to Gingerbread with the range of problems being described. Right now my phone works perfect with the only slight complaint being battery life, and even then I get 18 hrs - 24 hrs fairly regularly with moderate use.
  4. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

Deleted, dont worry :)
  5. landovr

I guessing we will be the last or close to the last people to get the gingerbread update so hopefully by then they will have fixed all the bugs.
  6. DrWoody

DrWoody Member

+ 1 from Vancouver and love my DHD!!
  7. Bedroom Eyes

Bedroom Eyes Well-Known Member

+1 from Kamloops. Love it so far, getting about 36-48 hours of battery with a fair amount of use.
  8. maddog497

maddog497 Active Member

Great phone, rooted and running 2.3 with lots of 3.0 widgets added in.
  9. Joelzinho

Just wanted to revive this thread. The gingerbread update was released by Telus a few days ago. I know landovr updated and says he has had zero problems thus far which is good news. Anyone else update?
  10. mobile363

mobile363 Well-Known Member

My DHD is Telus. Though I haven't received the 2.3 update yet. Or at least i dont think i have. Phone says i have Android 2.21

I love the phone. Only downside is the battery. Compared with the new Motorola Atrix which has a 1900mah battery, ours seems rubbish in comparison. But I was with Bell for 6 years and just had enough of them.
  11. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Have you used the "check update" function (or whatever it's called) - this is where you tell the phone to look for the update (could be available and you just haven't had notification yet!) :)
  12. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Dialing *#*#CHECKIN#*#* (as its number equivilent) also works too and makes it check for an update.
  13. landovr

Go to Settings/about phone/software update/check now
  14. mobile363

tried it but to no avail. i actually tried this when i double checked the version
  15. D-U-R-X

Oh dear... you best just keep checking back then I'm afraid! :mad:
  16. asif9t9

asif9t9 Active Member

Yup, I was playing with my Telus DHD last night and I was in the About Menu, so I clicked Check Now and lo and behold Gingerbread 2.3.3 was available for download. Funny because the phone is checked off the check for updates. Maybe it would have told me this week.

Anyway, the installation went fine. Probably what I notice first is that I don't notice anything. lol But I'm curious to see if power management is more efficient. I'm also hoping my GPS works better.
  17. D-U-R-X

On the GPS front, I have read that some people have been having issues... hopefully you'll not be one of them though!! :)
  18. mobile363

mine is there now too. do i do it?
  19. asif9t9

asif9t9 Active Member

Yeah go ahead and do it. It takes maybe 30min at most. Use a wifi connection for the download.

Here's one crazy thought.

When I first got the phone, after unplugging the phone from the charger when I'd wake up, after 1hr the battery would be down to 90%. (%10 per hour).

I then checked on USB Debugging, and I think I checked off some options about the phone connecting in the background....and then, after 1hr, I'd have 95% power. So, twice the battery life?

Well, last night I updated to Gingerbread. I plugged the phone in to charge over night as usual. Same morning routine...wake up, unplug the phone. After 1hr, 99% power.

Am I dreaming?
  20. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Nope, Gingerbread does give much better battery life (for most anyway).
  21. mobile363

downloading now. first time i downloaded it said corrupt. weird.

Also, with 2.21, my wifi has been randomly stopping. Settings will say it is still on, but i need to turn it off and then on again for it to work. anyone else get this problem? and will 2.3 fix it?
  22. landovr

I had this problem too. I used wifi analyzer from the market to determine the best wireless channel and since I switched to the best channel my phone hasn't done it since.
  23. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

1% an hour when not in use is about what I see too. (I'm not on the stock rom, but still).
  24. DrWoody

DrWoody Member

25. Joelzinho

Looks like the update is going well. Perhaps I will just cross my fingers and go ahead with the update.