How many people have had their screen fail but everything else on the phone still works?

Last Updated:

1. cconover

cconover Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm trying to get a sense of how many people have encountered an issue with their Droid's screen not working, though everything else on the phone is apparently fine. It's happened to me a few times, and the screen won't show any picture, but the touch sensor & haptic feedback are all still working, and the phone has connectivity because it receives messages & calls. The weirdest thing is, it will come back after a period of time & work perfectly as if nothing ever happened.

I've see a number of other threads on the forum that indicate a similar problem, so I'm trying to get some sort of sense as to how many people have experienced this. It seems like there's a design flaw in the Droid, because it doesn't seem to be caused by actual hardware damage since the screen will come back on & look perfectly normal.

So, if you've experienced this issue please post here, or if you've found a thread on this please post the link.

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

3. cconover

Yeah, definitely seems like a legitimate problem with the Droid's design. However, to be clear the touch sensor continues to work when this happens, it's simply the display component of the screen that stops working.

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Have you tried any of the remedies posted in the various forum links?

5. cconover

I've managed to get mine working each of the 4 times it's failed in the past 6 months, though never successfully using the same method. It's very odd. However, many of the threads I've come across on the forum never get a solution.

6. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

The entire Droid is a problem with design. :rolleyes:

7. krwes0592

krwes0592 New Member

how exactly did you get it to work again?

8. Ivantrax

Ivantrax Member

It happens to me once in a while. When i had UD2 it happened on every call and i had to do a battery pull every single time after a call. Even with call waiting the screen would not turn on!

I switched back to UD1 because of that. sometimes to get it back on i have to put the phone where sunlight hits the screen. 4/5 calls end fine now though.

I have a case but no screen protector on my phone.

I also did a Google search a while ago but i didn't find any solutions.

9. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a crappy proximity sensor on your part. You can get your phone replaced on those grounds if you want, I'd imagine.

The rest of this thread was about the screen just up and dying and just the backlight functioning. Like, just randomly. Not because it turned off from a call and wouldn't turn back on.

10. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

I've noticed it happens when I wind up getting to many apps open and running. It bogs the phone down, despite what others say, download a task manager and kill your apps, it'll prevent that from happening so much.