1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

How Many People Use The DROID Robot Sound On Their Phone

1. myanonbox

myanonbox Member

First thing I changed. And my wife just about made me return the phone when it made that noise on hers. Great phone but I don't know why all of their marketing is towards teenage boys.

/I'd also really like to get rid of the HAL eye when starting up.
  2. Spotmark

Spotmark Member

Same here. After the VZW media blitz, I don't need to hear it anymore.
  3. blackngray70

blackngray70 Member

4. spectrrr

spectrrr Well-Known Member

I got a good laugh out of it for a few days watching people go WTF every time it went off. After that I changed it to something less obtrusive. It amused me though :)
  5. t4bz

t4bz Member

Kind of scared the crap outta me the first time I heard it. Wasn't expecting it.
  6. MotoDroidHelpandInfo

MotoDroidHelpandInfo Well-Known Member

I use it for emails only. Still trying to find a better sound though.
  7. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

I used to use it for everything. It makes me laugh every time I hear it. I love my MGS codec and enemy alert noises too much though so I've moved back to that. I think "DROOID" is still set for Google Voice notifications.
  8. Legacystar

Legacystar Well-Known Member

i reall ywish i could change the alert for installing apps cause i have a startrek "program loaded and ready" sound
  9. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

Here's the file from the Droid :)

Attached Files:

10. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

Nope, same here. I'm using the Farnsworth ring tone from the show Warehouse 13.
  11. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

can't open it...
  12. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

It is a .zip file with a .ogg file inside. That is how the file comes on the Droid. Sorry. I'll see if I can convert it to mp3

Here it is in MP3 (zipped)

Attached Files:

Waldo and Outlaw.99 like this.
  13. DrDroid

DrDroid Well-Known Member

I still use the "Droid" sound on new messages alert. I love it.
  14. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I have the Droid tone set for my work email. I leave my phone downstairs at night. For several days my goofy dog was barking in the middle of the night and waking us up. In the morning I would have a couple of emails that had come in overnight. It dawned on me that the dog was barking at my phone when it would alert due to the incoming mail. I silence it at night now and have been sleeping peacefully with no middle-of-the-night barking.
  15. DrDroid

DrDroid Well-Known Member

16. dutchgirl2001

dutchgirl2001 Member

I still use the "Droid" sound on new messages alert. I love it.
  17. DroidPower

thanks... i appreciated it.
  18. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I have changed my default call notification to a 1:30 snippet of the Pump Panel Remix of Confusion by New Order from the Blade Soundtrack, and my default email notification to a 30 second snippet of Blade from the Blade soundtrack. Although, what you said about making it a conversation piece makes sense - I think that I'll change the email notification to DROID again, as that is much shorter (and if the screen is locked, by the time I get it unlocked to stop the notification, a good bit of Blade has already played out....)
  19. SharonW

SharonW Well-Known Member

Well, at least you now know that your dog will help warn you when the invasion begins. :D
  20. DroidPower

does anyone know how or that sound bit can be made with RINGDROID app
  21. OriginalGeek

OriginalGeek Active Member

Good job! I use the guitar solo from Whole Lotta Love for when my wife calls. Everyone else gets ELP's Fanfare for the Common Man except any calls from work get Star Wars: Imperial March.

But I still use the Droid sound for incoming emails.

And the tone I have set for my daughter is an old school Cylon raider saying "Presenting his Eminence, our Imperious Leader" (I took poetic license with the gender issue and decided not to care. It makes my daughter laugh and one of my greatest pleasures in life is hearing my daughter laugh.)

:eek:)
  22. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

If you have the music on your phone, you can play it and while it's playing, hit the menu button and there is a choice to "set as ringtone". I thought about getting ringdroid but it just seems like there are other easier ways.
  23. KirkS

KirkS New Member

you mean the "I'm a $600 Droid -- STEAL ME" ringtone :D
  24. amd2132

amd2132 Member

Try this one .... sounds from District 9. I use it and it freaks everyone out, super gnarly droidish sounds! :eek::D

AD

Attached Files: