How Many People Use The DROID Robot Sound On Their Phone

Last Updated: 2011-10-18 22:35:07
  1. ccousinsjr

ccousinsjr Well-Known Member

I use "Pizzzicato"

Advertisement
  2. cranky_dan

cranky_dan Well-Known Member

I too, find the "droooid" really annoying.

For my notifications I use a quacking duck for txts, and a horse whinny for emails.

For ringtones, my wife gets Steve Winwoods' "Valerie," 'cause that's her name. Work gets Frank Zappa's "I'm the slime (coming out of your teevee set)" because I work at a tv station. And most everyone else gets Men Without Hats "who can it be now."

Dan :p
  3. PetiePal

PetiePal Well-Known Member

I love it. My friends all repeat it DROIIIIIIIIIIIIID bc they think it's so cool lol. My coworker in the cube next to me does it now too. Anytime my phone rings he imitates the Crank dying ringtone too which is pretty funny.

I keep the Droid sound for basic SMS/MMS. I use the Lost computer beep (1x) for my incoming Gmail. I have a U2 Electrical Storm intro clip I use for Facebook notifications. I actually want to set up a few more specialized.

There's no way to make a specialized voicemail alert sound is there?
  4. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

5. MisterEff

MisterEff Well-Known Member

I just use it for text messages.
  6. IamReady

IamReady Well-Known Member

I still have it as default... but everything else is customized, so it really is only for the initialize of the SD card.
  7. Roxygirllaca

Roxygirllaca New Member

NO WAY that sound creaps me out!!! The first night I got the phone I was all alone in the house and I got a text... ***looked around the room creaped out*** first thought was that needs to go NOW!
  8. ultra50

ultra50 Member

I,m still using it and it sounds cool for emails.
  9. KidFlash

KidFlash Well-Known Member

I use it for text messages. I love that noise! First time my friend heard it, she jumped because she thought it would start transforming and attack her.
  10. altimax98

altimax98 Well-Known Member

Droid is my email and general notification... K-9 uses it. Handcent uses a transporter & 'captain we have a imcoming message' from startrek
  11. SoldierBoy936

SoldierBoy936 New Member

It got annoying after the first day...
  12. Xyrenn

Xyrenn Member

I use this one personally. Droid voice, but says "Braiiins" instead. It makes me chuckle.

Attached Files:

13. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

lol i just choked laughing...yeah it scared the sh*t out of me too

ooh can we cuss in here???
  14. Jus4me

Jus4me Member

Once I figured out how to change the tone for my incoming msg to something I desired it was a done deal..........Droooid was outta there, lol
  15. gfweb

gfweb Member

I love the DROOID. My son hates it. Reasons enough. LOL
  16. xjestersdeadx

xjestersdeadx Well-Known Member

After I got bored with the Droid sound I went old school and use the sound "Hello Moto" which is clipped from the original Hello Moto ringtone.
  17. PetiePal

PetiePal Well-Known Member

Drrrrrrrrrrroidddddddddddddddddd
  18. SAM WITWICKY

SAM WITWICKY New Member

Awesome sound effects, dudes, thanks for providing them!
  19. Source

Source Member

i def still used it. I love seeing people in public places do a quick head turn. plus ive been lazy with ringtones since ive got the phone
  20. screamster

screamster Well-Known Member

DRRRROOOOIIIIIIIDDDDDD!

Can't beat that sound.. Makes all the iPhone fanboys cringe.
  21. cggorman

cggorman Well-Known Member

I generally stick with old school "ding ding" type sounds. simple, short, and office-safe.
  22. bemenaker

bemenaker Well-Known Member

It's my txt notification sound still.
  23. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

I still have it set for a lot of different notifications, I love it!! My kids come running up to me "Dad, your phone said DDDRRRROOOOOOIIIIIIDDDDD"
  24. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

I let it say "Droooiiiid" if my husband texts because he has a Droid. My normal ringtone is the "Banana Phone" song and when my husband calls, it plays the ringtone from that Geico commercial "Ringda ding ding DONG!" It's so funny, I don't mind if the people at work look at me when it goes off.
  25. droidftw

droidftw Well-Known Member

My mom says u got droided and I saay mom its called a txt