How many people you know went out and bought a Droid because yours was so cool?

Last Updated:

1. Darkbleed

Darkbleed Member This Topic's Starter

So far I'm up to two - my sister and my wife. Interesting that Verizon seems to be marketing it almost exclusively to males with their sci-fi droid drop and bareknuckled bucket of does boxing robot ads. Maybe they need to expand their target audience for this device?

Advertisement
  2. brandoshido

brandoshido Well-Known Member

We havennt bought another yet, but nextcouple paydays.my wife wants one

3. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

I got an Eris, then my brother got a Droid. I will be trading my Eris for Droid this week or next.

My cousin is switching providers for the Droid (he likes Iphone, but ATT signal sucks in our area)

My co-worker is sick of hacking his Iphone to run on T-Mobile, so he may switch to VZW/Droid.

Seems to be happening quite a bit...

4. itype2slo

itype2slo Well-Known Member

I have been posting apps and random android info on Facebook. I have had 6 people tell me that after reading what I have posted with some of the cool functions and apps they went out and got one. I think that there are so many people on Verizon that are looking for some close to the iPhone that they are willing to give it a try with just a little nudge.

5. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

My uncle is jealous.. He is doing an early upgrade tomorrow:D

6. milehighjc

milehighjc New Member

I know of one so far, and another one that will happen before Christmas. First one received his tonight.

7. Branndon

Branndon Well-Known Member

My brother traded in his BB which was having issues for one. He asked me how I liked mine first. He is also a member here now :D

8. andrew_m

andrew_m Member

My co-worker Mike was on the fence about getting a Droid, until I let him mess around with mine, now he is getting one.

9. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

My mother is mad. She has her Storm2, but is very very technologically inept - and she has seen me doing things like cataloging my textbooks and storing my rewards cards in my phone and now she wants to do all that - using a DROID so I can show her how.

I have been telling friends online, and at least 3 have asked a lot of questions about it.

10. will_m68

will_m68 Active Member

I have about 6 people that got an android phone. Some were on a different carrier so they couldn't get the droid.

11. JerseyShovel

JerseyShovel Member

1 so far. my boss. just another personal device i'm gonna have to support. Now he wants to replace all our BB's with the droid. I'm dead set against it. Most of our users can't turn their BB's on. :eek:

12. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Lol I didn't count other Android phones, only the DROID. My bro / tennis partner bought the Samsung Moment the same day I bought the DROID....

I helped him make up his mind ( he was swinging toward the BBs - I had to convince him for 30 min but now he is all happy....)

13. Froid

Froid Well-Known Member

Before the Droid was even released I had been telling a coworker of mine about it - he bought his before I got mine. After showing off the voice search and navigation features to my supervisor he is planning to buy one and another coworker keeps asking to look at mine and I'm sure he'll be getting one soon, too. I've been working on my wife, but she refuses to give up her BlackBerry, plus she says the Droid is ugly. Nobody's perfect...

14. jestexman

jestexman Well-Known Member

I am up to 2 so far. Convert from At&t and another already on VZW. I got another buddy that has the 3gs and he said he thinks he is going to pay the ETF and move over.

15. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

I was at the VZW store the other day looking for a new BT headset and I noticed a older lady, probably in her mid 50's, checking out a DROID. The rep was new and was having trouble answering her questions so I went over and showed her mine. I was surprised when she pulled out a XV6800 (WinMo QWERTY slider), so I went on to tell her how I had used a lot of WinMo devices before switching to Android. She loved the ease of searching via the button OR just pulling out the keyboard and typing, and when I showed her shopsavvy she couldn't believe how well it worked. After about 15 minutes she was ready to buy and asked me to get her setup, I had to inform her I don't work for VZW but I was glad to help her so I brought her over to the counter and let the rep know.

I wound up getting a free pair of Motorola BT stereo headphones and the manager asked me if I worked for VZW before, then said to fill out a application. I kindly replied no thanks, I already have a great job (real estate agent) but I told him if he would get his employees to study up on some internet forums they would be as knowledgeable.

16. Arsonman

Arsonman Well-Known Member

So far I'm up to five. Now I think I'm going to hang out at my local Verizon store to get some free stuff for helping out. LOL

17. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

My brother's girlfriend switched. I've convinced 2 guys on my motorcycle forum. One dude at church switched. And I'm working on another guy who's got a Pre and another with a BB who's trying to convince his office to switch to the DROID when they're BB runs out. One guy I've impressed is waiting for his new every two deal to come up. So, that would make, 4 switches and 3 waiting.

18. CSSVT

CSSVT Member

Just one. He was pretty sure he was going to switch but playing with mine made up his mind almost instantly.

19. AaronT

AaronT Active Member

LOL, i am on a mission to put apple iDont where it belongs at the Island of Misfit Toys. everybody i know is going to get a Droid, take my word for it ;)

20. jestexman

jestexman Well-Known Member

Small secret (not that small lol) everyone that you know that is switching from another carrier make sure to get the Name and Number on the account. Log into your VZW account online and on the bottom right "Refer A Friend" 25 for them and 25 for you!! You can do up to 5 a year. I have 3 pending right now.

And if you have switched your self and don’t have anyone to do this for you send me a PM and I will fill it out for you.

21. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

I had a friend who was in love with my G1 and itching for Android, ready to switch when I told him Droid was coming to Verizon his carrier. He waited and loves it now.

Not exactly the same as the thread's OP but close.

22. argylecyclist

argylecyclist Member

I am up to 6 (3 of which are women, 2 are from Tmobile, 2 are from AT&T). The more people play with my phone, the more people want to switch. They're often surprised at how easy the phone is to use. :)

I too was in a Verizon store, and saw an older/middle age women looking at both Droids. She was looking very confused, so my brother and I took her through a quick demo of the Moto Droid and showed her the features etc. A few minutes later it was her turn with a sales person and she immediately told them she wanted the Moto Droid. :)

23. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

None. All of my friends are poor. Poor and jealous. ;)

24. sho95

sho95 Well-Known Member

Co-worker even left Sprint to get the Droid :D:D:D

25. minyangmao

minyangmao Well-Known Member

been answering droid questions, but hands-on with it has been poor - my friend has an iPhone and he was there to witness my Droid crash, and be unable to recover for a good 15 minutes requiring multiple reboots...poor show Droid, poor show...