how many pounds?

Last Updated:

1. Jas31483

Jas31483 Member This Topic's Starter

Called Verizon today to get my moms droid 1 replaced under warranty. Im curious as to if she'll be receiving the D2 as a replacement. The package weight says 1 pound/ .5kg on the fedex website. Does that seem like the weight of a new retail D2 with box and accessories? Anyone who got a D2 as a replacement able to see at what weight on fedex theirs was listed?

Advertisement
  2. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

It said 0.90lbs.

3. Lightnspirit

Lightnspirit Well-Known Member

It could be a D1 or a D2, I did the same for my girlfriends D1, reports are saying they have D1 refurbs back in stock. The only way you will know is when it arrives.. honestly I could care less, my girlfriends D1 does have overheating issues and screen freezing issues + paint chipping off so even if she gets a D1 she will still be happy.

4. defkorn

defkorn Well-Known Member

I doubt you'll be able to tell what phone it is by the weight. It can vary depending on what accessories they include, how much packing material they use, etc. You'd probably have better luck just calling and asking what phone they sent. They'll have a record of what they sent, you just need to find the right person to talk to. Additionally, these are usually overnighted so just have a bit of patience.

5. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

FedEx and UPS don't normally provide exact weights online. It is usually rounded off to the nearest pound. The D1 and D2 are too close in weight and size to tell the difference from that.

6. mcatdtDROID

mcatdtDROID Banned

I am SO glad I didn't start reading all these "is it a D1 or D2" threads because I would have started getting curious if I would get one or not.

I'd rather not worry about it, then if I get the D1, I'm not disappointed, but if I get a D2, I'd be all "wooohooo"

but, FWIW - I got a D2 to replace my D1...... Naaaaa naaaaa