• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how many ppl are really not . . .

iBleedBlackNgold

Android Enthusiast
May 21, 2010
having the hardware keyboard issue ?? the issue i mean is it missing inputs even when pressed firmly & typing slower then normal ... this is my 2nd epic bcuz of it & i would like to go exchange it for a 3rd but if its a problem plaguing majority of epics im not going to waste my time ... if u dont know simply type a few sentences at a normal speed & let me know how many if any keys arent registered .. any1 who responds i thank u in advance .. this is driving me nuts

I don't think I have any input issues that can't be attributed to fat-fingering the wrong key, or improperly pressing. I really debated getting the EVO instead of the Epic, thinking I'd never use the physical keyboard, but now that I have it, I'm a believer. Toggling to the number row, is terribly inconvenient on a virtual keyboard.

I am typing a few sentences with the physical keyboard. So far so good.
Qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm1234567890

Nope no probs.

This thing is sooooo slow compared to the swype.

You really find Sywpe faster??

Upvote 0
Ur being sarcastic rite?

Not at all. I just downloaded and played with ExtremeTypist...My physical keyboard speeds average about 22 wpm. Swype was 1/2 that: about 10. I'm not a big swype user, so I'm sure there are tricks to quickly correct misspellings, but much of what I type uses numerals (requiring a toggle), and has uncommon words not in the internal dictionary.

Upvote 0
Not at all. I just downloaded and played with ExtremeTypist...My physical keyboard speeds average about 22 wpm. Swype was 1/2 that: about 10. I'm not a big swype user, so I'm sure there are tricks to quickly correct misspellings, but much of what I type uses numerals (requiring a toggle), and has uncommon words not in the internal dictionary.
Understood...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones