How many restored some backup of apps after official 2.1?

Last Updated:

1. nick325i

nick325i Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just asking because a buddy of mine backed up all his stuff before he did the sprint official. He restored it after the update and had nothing but problems. Problems like the ones most of you on the forum are describing. After a hard reset and not restoring his backups he has no problems. Just curious if any of you are having a related experience and not actually realizing it.

-FWIW-

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

I backed up one or two apps and they gave me problems. Installing the apps from scratch seemed to work just fine though.

3. marinersfaninmd

marinersfaninmd Member

i didnt backup, just wrote down my apps...but to my suprise the first time i went to the Market and Downloads, there were all my apps that i had on my old phone, i just had to hit install for each one. i did the mistake of going out of the market and then back in, and when i went to downloads it only showed the ones on the phone. so i would try that and not exit the market until all your apps are downloaded.

4. Biggest Fro

Biggest Fro Well-Known Member

I only had a problem when I tried to restore Sense with TitaniumBackup. It resulted in Sense force closing.

Other than that, everything else went fine.

(I was trying to restore Sense bc it was labeled "Desktop" or something, I thought it would replace my Icons)

5. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Well I had backed up all my apps before doing the 2.1 setup, but I did not use the app that I saved to my SD card, I decided to delete them from my SD card and download all fresh apps again because I had read all the issues, and guess what I also had some issues, mainly with the phone lag and the Nav close forcing. other than that the phone has been fine, but believe it or not the phone lag is getting better and I do not know if it is because I have been doing profile updates at least once a day, I do not know but has been working better and another thing that has gotten better is my battery, which is weird because it was worst but the past couple of days I have getting a full day out of it without charging it at all starting from 6:30 AM till 9:00 PM which I use to have to put it in the charger by 2:00 PM

6. Wiskid

Wiskid Well-Known Member

I used AppDragon to email a list of apps. Easy enough to re-download them.

7. mw6886

mw6886 Member

I've used MyBackup on my Hero and on two Moments with no problem restoring data and apps.

8. Rockdiesel

Rockdiesel Member

I used MyBackup for apps and data when I installed the leaked 2.1 and the official 2.1. I restored all my data with Mybackup but I used the market to download all my apps since they were there in 'downloads' under the market app. I have had no major issues with 2.1. I like it a lot better then 1.5.