• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How many switched from the LG Optimus M? My experience so far

Kaiser17

Android Enthusiast
Sep 14, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Well I've had my Indulge for about 2 days now and Im very happy with it. Its very fast and I haven't crashed/frozen yet which was a regular occurence on my optimus (Happened like 7 times a day). I still haven't gotten to rooting my optimus as it runs 2.2.2 and I don't want to try and downgrade but I rooted my indulge very quickly thanks to All in one root guide. The Indulge is a very fast and smooth phone with no lag which there was a lot of on the optimus.

However the only downside to the Indulge is the Battery life, I already went through all the settings and set them accordingly to save power as well as remove bloatware and other unneeded apps and when I use it alot I get about 4 hours of battery life out of it which is pretty sad. I've considered the extended battery but it ruins the whole classy look of the phone and makes it look like a brick lol.

Just curious how many of you here switched from the LG Optimus M like me, and what are your experiences so far?

I started with the M, went to the Indulge, and due to circumstances beyond my control back to the M. Minus the laggy Netflix and no keyboard to easily play an SNES emulator the M does all that I require. Plus it's easier to do a corded tether with my older laptop running Xubuntu and the M. Yes it's 1x but I tether it to use the wifi. Just haven't gotten around to getting a card for it.

Yes the battery sucks. Unless you want to stay next to a USB cord all day you need to get an extended battery. It will have a big bulge but I'd trade battery life for looks any day. I just got my extended battery for my M today and it reminds me of my old Teletac! Kinda nostalgic actually.

BTW, the max I ever had on the indulge with 4g on was 5 hours. 4g off was 12 hours.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones